Production of ball point

could anyone help me in explaining how the ball of a ballpoint pen produced so accurately.....wat is the technology behind this..;-)

Replies

• tonycheerup
    tonycheerup
    helloooo... no one ther to help me sort it out.....
  • Raghavendra.RSP
    Raghavendra.RSP
    i am sorry. i didnt have answer for your question. i have the same doubt. if u traced out it, inform it to me. pleeeese
  • gohm
    gohm
    Are you refering to the roller bearing or the technology that enables the ball point pen to work? The roller bearing is a sphere that sits in a cone allowing smooth movement and a uniform means of distributing the ink within the pen.
  • slugger
    slugger
    Older metallic ball tips were machined by grinding them into a sphere

Powder Metallurgy process is employed to manufacture the current cemented carbide ballpoint tips

for more info google
    "ballpoint pen" +grinding +tip - Google Search
    &
    "ballpoint pen" +"powder metallurgy" - Google Search
  • laby
    laby
    nice question..... pls inform me the ans when u recieve it.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends i m working on my live project. i m building website for toy manufacturing company,i have created half part i m stuck on one problem. the problem is...
Can you please tell my servlets are not running? I have J2SE and J2EE installed on my machine. I have apache tomcat 6.0.18 installed as well. I think may be...
I made a web application using asp.net and C# with Sql Server2005 as backend as a training project. I wanted to know if its possible to upload that application for...
hi guys, Look what i've discovered on net while browsing! https://acicode.blogspot.com * Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-08) and Commentary * Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI...
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a way to scanf/getchar() a string of characters into a table ? Am i shooting for the stars or is it a...