Problem In configuring Apache

I am facing problem in configuring the Apache.Installed Apache 2.2.
When i m trying to save edits, using notepad to the confg file but i get "Access is Denied" and i m logging as Administrator.
How can i?

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi sushan,

Can you be more specific about what operating system your using?

-Arvind
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Sushant,

You need to stop the Apache service first. Then do the edits, save and start the service again.

Most likely you are using Vista/Win7/2k3 server, which have very detailed user rights (in other words not that simple). Even if you are administrator, you may not have rights to the file if some other user has created the file. In which case you need to edit the file ownerships.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @slashfear: I am using Windows 7
    @ Kidakaka: I have tried editing configuration file by stopping Apache Server but it doesn't work.And can you please Explain the second point of ownership..
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Sushant,

Windows 7 ha... virtualstore problem ok its kool and stupid feature from windows ok anyway let me explain how to over come this issue,

-> right click on the folder which contains the apache files (which you want to edit) and choose Properties
    -> Then choose Security tab

and give Full Access privileges to all windows users

Done!! now when you use the notepad or wordpad to edit the file and save, if it is still not working and throwing an error stating "permission denied" then use any third party editor like komodo edit and that should fix the problem!! (because notepad or word pad will trigger the virtualstore) 😉

-Arvind
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @Slasfear: I downloaded Komodo Edit and edited the configuration file and also saved and i made three statement edit
    1>LoadModule php5_module "c:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"

2> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    and
    3>PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"

But when i am trying to start the Apache server it shows an error message that " INVALID Command ' PHPIniDir ' perhaps mispelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration"
    How to short out this error...
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hey sushant,

Ok I would probably suggest you to remove the lines you have included in the http.conf file and then try copy the php.ini file and put it in the location where your Apache.exe is located or in the windows system32 folder. I guess that should fix the problem!! (But not sure though... 😒 )

Why are you making your self so much trouble dude instead you can try installing XAMP which has default Apache php configured ......

-Arvind
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @Slashfear: Let me try first what you have suggested now . And XAMP would me my last option if i find myself unable to configure that file.
  • ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    hi sushant..

I am also faced same problem. Then I done. Uninstall apache and reagain install in D drive not in c drive. Then it's working properly.. Try this it's working surely ...

At the installation time it takes default path: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0

then just you can replace C with D k . At that time you can create one folder in D drive with Program Files
    then the new path is: D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    I some where read that PHP 5 is not compatible with Apache 2.2.x.
    So i installed Apache 2.0.58 version but it shows " No Installed Service named "Apache2"..
    How to make Apache work as a service?

@Ramana_slv : I installed Apache in D drive but it shows that " No Installed named "Apache2".
    How to fix this problem?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Sushant,

the best solution out of this is what slashfear said, use XAMPP. I think its a 50mb download.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @Kidakaka: Thanx but i have done it now i am able to run PHP 5 through Apache 2.0.58 but the problem is that it(Apache) is not installed as a service .
    I tried " D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin> Apache.exe -k install - n "Apache2 " this through command to install it but not working.
    Is there any other way to make Apache 2.0.58 installed as a service?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Do you have any other firewall installed in your PC except Windows default one?

If yes then uninstall it and restart your computer and start apache
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Sushant, are you running an elevated command prompt (as admin)?

Your command should do the trick
  • anirow
    anirow
    Why don't you use tools like XAMPP and WAMP, they would automatically do the task for you.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @Goyal: no firewall installed except default one.

@Kadakaka: yeah..
    @anirow: XAMPP would be my last option . Apache 2.0.58 is working fine with PHP 5 but the problem is it is not installed as a service. how to installed as service?
  • Hansie1graham
    Hansie1graham
    I am using vista ultimate and having problem with tomcat Apache server. I don't know how to configure it on vista(ultimate). Provide necessary solution on it. Thanks in advance.
    #-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#/#-Link-Snipped-#

• anirow
    anirow
    anirow
    Why don't you use tools like XAMPP and WAMP, they would automatically do the task for you.
    I think visiting this link might help you, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • abhijeet.patil
    abhijeet.patil
    Have a look at this guide. Nice guide.

Configuring The Apache Web Server | Abhishek Nagar's Blog

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are two cities A and B 1000 km apart. An elephant is having 3000 bananas with him which he has to carry from city A to B. He can...
This is the video of Celebration in Vadodara,Gujarat after India won the WC. There was traffic jam everywhere. [youtube]ftsDhuuF1Sk[/youtube]​
HI How to code x(t)=y(t)+x(t-1) with the initial value of x or x(0)=100 in matlab simulink (not m-file)? Thanks
i am a fresh mechanical engineering graduate,and in dilemma to do either ndt or piping and from where?,please suggest some institute,please,
Hello ppl, i have to make a validation code using jQuery. Well, the task is to take username and password from user using a html form and then the form...