Problem from Symantec Antivirus 2007 anti-virus

Hi friends,
i m facing problem from my Symentec antivirus 2007 edition.when i try to scan my PC..its not scan as well as its not taking live update from its site.what's the reason behind it?😕

Please guys help me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess you were running trial version of the software. Try to activate it using the product key.
  • vikassharma
    vikassharma
    no i m not using trial version.i m using corporate editon of my office .At the time of installation it doesn't ask for key and we r still using it in office without any problem.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Your best bet would be to check with the IT department of your company. I still believe that its got something to do with the license.

All said, are there any warning/error messages from the software?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    There can be two possibilities. Either the software is not properly installed and/or got its executable file corrupt or the virus protection on your windows is disabled.

As biggie said, check with your IT department.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What OS are you running? And, do you scan with administrator privileges or just a limited user account? With the latter, it is possible that a scanner's functions can be restricted a bit (like being unable to remove viruses from system folders, etc).
  • vikassharma
    vikassharma
    guys ...i installed Symantec Antivirus 2007 with administrative privelege in my pesonal PC without any error massage at the same time it took many auto updates from its site.
    i m using XP O/S.........i scaned PC online nt virus scanner yesterday, it's showing many spyware and trozen 's attack on my PC.....
    Now i m going to format it and will install same antivirus.if any problem will occured ,i will ask u again ..
    Tanx for ur help and co-opration.God bless u and hav a nice day.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    You are always welcome Vikas. Be regular on CE and you will learn a lot, let alone making friends!
  • arunbasillal
    arunbasillal
    The easies solution is to Repair the installation or Reinstall..
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    just use norton remal tool to completely uninstall it and then reinstall it it will work as good as before
    and if you want t get a one year validity once again then leave a message i will tell you how to do it
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    hiii....
    the best option would be removing the Symantec antivirus completely from your PC...I was also using the same and later on faced a lot of problems.... rather use the other kinds of AV that donot provide room to viruses.........

proud to be an CEAN

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, One of the ICICI executive called on my phone and made following offer - Its an international visa/mastercard supported card. There are no fees to be paid I get...
Hi all! Could anybody tell me the format or just a specimen of what a fingercode looks like? How long is it? I don't have access to the required papers....
Hi all! Could anybody tell me what a fingercode looks like and what pattern is followed to create it? I don't have access to the relevant papers I am searching...
can anyone tell me a good and diff topic for presenting a paper...am new here....
CEans, Yep, right! The Five Point Someone aka Chetan Bhagat is on CE to answer your questions! 😁 Short Introduction:- [We know its not needed, but still...] Born a Marauding...