Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD)

The Prime Minister, Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar, of my country (Trinidad and Tobago) is in India for the tenth annual Pravasi Bharatiya Divas as the chief guest at the event. She was the first East Indain female to receive the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas award which she received from the President of India. Tuesday she was also a special guest at the inauguration ceremony of the Shankara Group Campus in Jaipur on Monday.
Indians from India were brought to the caribbean by the English to work as Indentured Labourers in the cane fields way back in 1845. That is how we (i am indian as well) ended up in the caribbean. We have come a long way from indentureship.
I understand that she also visited the village of her anscestors and she was greeted by over 100,000 villagers.
I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss as i understand most of you are from India.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to know that. Indian Government is also planning to give voting rights to NRIs. I wonder why.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I didnt know that K, i cant understand why they would make that move. The real stakeholders are the citizens of India itself, not people from outside. Why allow outsiders to have a say in who runs your country. It would be interesting to know why, maybe there is a good reason and we just dont see it yet.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Indians don't run India. It's run by the outsiders. India's never been free. 1947 was a joke called 'Freedom'.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Hmm, when you say outsiders who do you mean?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Designer
    Hmm, when you say outsiders who do you mean?
    It's going to be a very long discussion. Not really fit for this thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Outotec India is driving sales growth for Outotec offerings (solutions + services) and is responsible for defining Market Area strategy together with Business Areas, maximizing sales and sales scope, managing...
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the...
I've always thought of instant-on operating systems and it seems that we're still far away from having those on our computers and mobile phones. Windows 8 I heard, has a...
While I know that iOS is tightly integrated with Apple's hardware, I'm wondering whether someone here on CE has attempted to make a phone dual boot with iOS & Android...
We've discussed Aakash tablet lot of times and it's been quite some time since the tablet is available in the market. I'm wondering whether any of our CEans have purchased...