Powerpoint VBA:Oh! please help,

Hi Everyonehere,

Please me for God sake.

I want help in powerpoint vba.This is what I want to accomplish.I have a slide that has some shapes and graphs.When I resize them the labels and fonts associated with them get distorted.But I want them to be fixed when a shape or graph is resized.So I need to call an event handler in vba when a shape or a graph is resized to fix the font and labels back to the original size or I may increase their size a little to look reasonably good.This can be done in slideshow mode.But to my nightmare, I needs this be accomplish in edit mode.

Can someone give me code for this for god sake.I am ready to peek into OS functions or any dynamic linked libraries in WinXP/vista to achieve this if you suggest a workaround for this problem.

Please someone...

Tons of thanks in advance.

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I know you will kill me for this, but why not use images instead 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hey why are you using VBA code ?
    your main purpose is to resize the pictures without affecting font size..then you can use any software that can fulfill you task..I mean like adobe photoshop,or any other like microsoft picture task manager..
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Goyal,
    He wants to use graphs. Which may not be images but objects. In which case the VBA makes sense.

But cool, personally, I think for making one ppt you should stick to images.
  • cool_me01
    cool_me01
    Hey buddies, thanks a lot for response.

@Kidakaka: How can I use images inplace of graphs?I did not understant?Can you please explain? The data of a graph would frequently change. How can this be implemented with images?

And also is there any way for god sake for my actual problem, writing event handlers for mouse events in edit mode.

God! I'm dead.

Thanks a ton.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes you can use graphs that will work as images...I mean why don't you convert graphs into images???
  • cool_me01
    cool_me01
    Hi goyal420, please explain how that can be achieved, if possible through code.If you solve my problem, Ill be greatful to you my whole life.

Thanks.
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    Select the graph and drag one of the corner handles and not the ones on the sides, top or bottom. If you change the relative height and width of your graph while resizing in Powerpoint, all text in the graph will be distorted.
    Excel does not have this problem.
    If you want to change the proportions of your graph, do it in Excel before inserting it in Powerpoint. If you have already imported your graph, simply delete the graph in Powerpoint, change the proportions in Excel, and copy and paste the revised graph back into Powerpoint.

I think this will solve your problem.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @cool Hey don't be thankful..we are here to help each other
    okk
    now first you will create a graph that you want to display on ppt
    now in order to convert it into images you can use snipping tool available in window vista by this you can convert even documents into images.
    If you are in great need then i recommend you to go for images only...if you have further queries then post it here
    Best of luck
  • Gharold
    Gharold
    For convert Power Point presentation to dvd you can try to use Presentation to Video Converter. It convers very quickly without any problems.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1) Why do we press the start button to turn off the computer? 2) Can animals commit suicide? 3) If a doctor suddenly had a heart attack while doing surgery,...
hey everybody can any one please tell me what is inside an voltage stabiliser installed at our homes. i think it is a transformer but then the name does not...
Most of the students in my college seem to be obsessed about learning to code with MATLAB. Is it very important to learn MATLAB? What are its advantages?
hi friends this is kishore, will you please let me know new seminar topics in electronics and communications. Specifically in the field of communications.😛
now i am doing in b-tech final year..my branch is ece.my problem is i don't have 60%(first class).there is no chances to increase it to above 60%. with this profile...