Plug in hybrids? or EVs? What do you prefer?

In a recent survey, it was found that people prefer plud-in hybrids to the fully electrical vehicles.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Just out of curiosity, what do you prefer and why? 😀

Replies

• Al-Otaiby
    Al-Otaiby
    I'm from the old school, as for me I do prefer the carburetor cars (petrol) or diesel cars 😀

However, if I had to choose between these 2, I would go for the plug in hybrid rather than EV. Though Hybrids have their disadvantages, but they are less than the EV ones, on the other hand if the hybrid battery system went bananas for a reason or another, there is an alternative you can count on. But in the EVs, if you are out of Electricity, you are doomed!!!
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    The plug - in ones will not have that much punch in power and it often needs recharging... The hybrids cost more than the conventional, but provide very good mileage , some Audi hybrid released recently offers 45kmpl.. but the conventional ones are better if u think value for money is important, becoz in conventional the cost will be less but mileage also decreases.. in hybrids we might have the cost savings on fuel but it takes abt 10yrs to match up the total expenditure when compared to conventional
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Oh Man !!!

My Personal suggestion is Hybrid cars are good for 40K miles or 4-5 Years.

I myself owning a Honda Civic Hybrid and it had started giving me problem after 100,000K miles. It has one IMA battery that it self costs 3500$ bucks. So warning you before hand, if you have the wish to use this car for 3-4 years than good, otherwise do not think of buying a Hybrid.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

More ways to improve computer memory. This is a latest technology to improve computer Nanotechnology Now - Press Release: "NIST 'Nanowire' Measurements Could Improve Computer Memory" Meanwhile, can we list...
YaY! CrazyEngineers came up with a one more good interview with one of our CE - Knights, He is CEan - Yadavundertaker who has contributed about 1,170+ valuable posts to...
Hello friend's Actually i want to know what is the instrument in mobile by which we can able to detect strength of signal(like i got 3 parallel lines on our...
We converted a diesel VW pickup at our company ( Entity Green ) to run on free waste vegetable oil from restaurant fryers. we get an exhilarating feeling of freedom...
As we know we must have an antenna of length 1/4th of our signal wavelength.So i checked my mobile and note down the frequency and after calculation i got result...