How mobile radio works with such a small antenna ?

As we know we must have an antenna of length 1/4th of our signal wavelength.So i checked my mobile and note down the frequency and after calculation i got result 1/4m(approx).But no any antenna of 1/4m i have in my mobile then how it works ?

Even i cut my earphone wires only plug is there which is of 1/10m but still it works and i can hear the sound clearly !!😕

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    mohit007kumar00
    As we know we must have an antenna of length 1/4th of our signal wavelength.So i checked my mobile and note down the frequency and after calculation i got result 1/4m(approx).But no any antenna of 1/4m i have in my mobile then how it works ?

Even i cut my earphone wires only plug is there which is of 1/10m but still it works and i can hear the sound clearly !!😕
    as per my knowledge we found a small piece which changes channels with the ear phones that is called as modem of the device to get that radio frequency
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    narayana murthy
    as per my knowledge we found a small piece which changes channels with the ear phones that is called as modem of the device to get that radio frequency
    No you are wrong NM,

Try to simple insert 3mm jack which is connected with Speaker only then also you are able to catch the Radio Signals, the modem which you are talking is just interfaced with mobile phone controller and whenever you pressed that it will simply tuned to next channel but i have tried that without that Small box(modem) we are able to tune the Radio. 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    godfather
    No you are wrong NM,

Try to simple insert 3mm jack which is connected with Speaker only then also you are able to catch the Radio Signals, the modem which you are talking is just interfaced with mobile phone controller and whenever you pressed that it will simply tuned to next channel but i have tried that without that Small box(modem) we are able to tune the Radio. 😀
    then whats this once i tried to connect fm with charging wire with my nokia phone but it made noice but no music is available to listen
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    narayana murthy
    then whats this once i tried to connect fm with charging wire with my nokia phone but it made noice but no music is available to listen
    If you have NOKIA Mobile then just inser 3mm universal Jack which comes with Speaker. and start FM. it will work. i had tried it.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    godfather
    If you have NOKIA Mobile then just inser 3mm universal Jack which comes with Speaker. and start FM. it will work. i had tried it.
    hmmmm then i consider that jack as modem lol i mean to say as we need a modem for fm from external so we connect earphones if not any other

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was just reading about nano and i would like to know what kind of transmission does nano car use and what is transmission ratio used in it.
Don't necessarily think of your opinion of a band, but rather the complexity and intelligence of it to determine what band you think is the best. You may also wanna...
List what books you think are most helpful in life then give a short description of the book and why its a good book to read. These books can include...
Honda’s Executive Vice President for the United States, Mr. John Mendel, asserted that Honda would be churning out cars at full rate, in the coming July or August.Furthermore, the delayed...
A magnitude 6.1 earthquake today struck near New Zealand's Kermacec islands, but scientists in the islands were unaware of the tremor. There were no reports of damage or risk of...