Please help: Carnot cycle

I'm trying to study for my physics test and I need help.

The problem is "A carnot engine operates with a cold reservoir temperature of 194 K and has an efficiency of 74.3 %. (A) What is the temperature of the hot reservoir? (B) If the engine does 8.99*10^4 J of net work during each cycle, how much heat does it absorb form the hot reservoir during a cycle?

I took the efficiency equation e=1-Tc/ Th and got 755 K for the first part of the equation, but I cannot seem to get the second part. Any suggestions??

How do you find out how much heat is absorbed by the hot reservoir during a cycle?

Replies

• sharon09
    sharon09
    Efficiency also equals to Wnet/Qh . Plug in the values n u will get the answer.
  • shubhrajeet tiwa
    shubhrajeet tiwa
    let source temp beT THEN
    EFFECIENCY ={{T-194}/T}=.743
    THIS GIVE VALUE OF T
    NOW
    AS W =8.99^4
    WHICH IS EQUAL TO Q1-Q2
    THERFORE
    W/Q1=EFFICENCY
    THIS GIVES Q1

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Official Website: Web 2.0 Events: Co-produced by UBM TechWeb and O'Reilly Conferences Web 2.0 Expo is a conference and tradeshow for everyone who cares about embracing and extending the opportunities...
hello everyone including admin, i am in final year btech student (computer science)... i want to go in programming field... but a senior told me that inspite that you are...
Hi, friends! I am implementing a project about traffic light. This is the first time I design a system, so i don't know what i have to do. Can you...
With 'The Times' and 'Sunday Times' announcing that the users will have to shell out money to access their content (£1 for a day's access and £2 for a week's...
I'm wondering why this has not been discussed in Civil Engineering section yet. It'd not hurt to begin discussing the biggest construction projects going on around the world. What say?...