Our Star-Trek Future? NASA Engineering a Warp-Drive for Faster-Than-Light Travel

Einstein cannot be beaten. Speed of light cannot be exceeded. So what? Warp the space and reduce the distance.
There you are!
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• lal
    lal
    "At speeds larger than the speed of light, the front of the warp bubble cannot be reached by any signal from within the ship. This does not just mean we can't turn it off; it is much worse. It means we can't even turn it on in the first place.”
    😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think someone has to explain what they are saying in layman terms. I read it once but havent understood it completely though!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am not too clear myself. Crudely put, if my top speed is limited, I can still reach my destination faster if I take short cut. By warping space(If that can be done at all) the space ship can reach the destination sooner.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Greetings everyone! It'll be long post, please kindly bear with me! Myself Hemanth, A 2013, Electrical engineering pass out from Shimoga,A tier 3 city in karnataka. Just after my completion...
In June, HEVC/H.265 Standard was officially released which was approved in Early 2013,January.The HEVC abbreviated as High Efficiency Video Codec is capable to cover larger screen resolutions with 8K pixels...
As Ubuntu Operating system will be using it's custom Mir display server from Saucy Salamander 13.10 onwards, many projects has been leaded to port their application for Mir display from...
I have tried soo many custom ROMs for my Android Samsung Y 5360-GT and one thing I have noted that Google+ never runs in custom ROMs, because the supporting application...
I am doing Engineering in MIT-COE,Pune in EnTc..the topic is from the last week i am totally disturbed regarding my career the reasons are job & college ..i feel like...