XBMC Port For Mir Display Server.

As Ubuntu Operating system will be using it's custom Mir display server from Saucy Salamander 13.10 onwards, many projects has been leaded to port their application for Mir display from Wayland.(But they use XMir, i.e Xdisplay under Mir)
XBMC, the Opensource Home theatre software is also doing the same, it's been ported to Mir display server.
As per the sake of record, XBMC is an only Mir client out in the world which is not dependent on XMir.

[​IMG]

smspillaz, Perth, Australia - Gravatar Profilethe ex-Canonical employee & Compiz developer is working on XBMC port to Mir display server.Sam on his wordpress blog wrote, "As part of my GSoC project to make XBMC work on newer linux display systems, I also wrote a backend to make it render on the Mir display server too. This was actually quite straightforward, and took about the same amount of time to get to same point of completeness as it did for Wayland support. There’s no mouse or keyboard input support yet, but only because I haven’t had the time to implement it yet. Should be done in a few days."

You can find source-code for XBMC port in github : GitHub - smspillaz/xbmc at mir-gsoc-1

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have tried soo many custom ROMs for my Android Samsung Y 5360-GT and one thing I have noted that Google+ never runs in custom ROMs, because the supporting application...
I am doing Engineering in MIT-COE,Pune in EnTc..the topic is from the last week i am totally disturbed regarding my career the reasons are job & college ..i feel like...
Recently General Motors have recalled 1.14 units of chevrolet tavera through 280 dealers to check emission norms incorporated by Indian government.GM has announced that it will be done for free...
hey Ceans, can you help me build a android app with SSH access. My requirements are if i click on a button certain command must be executed on the client....
hi friend tell me please to doing cdac after 2 year gap in btech,i am b.tech 2012 passout and i have got cdac mohali for DSSD but i am not...