Totally disturbed : Thinking About My Career

I am doing Engineering in MIT-COE,Pune in EnTc..the topic is from the last week i am totally disturbed regarding my career the reasons are job & college ..i feel like as the college is not upto the mark..few frndz tont me by saying that I would have taken core ELX in VIT,Pune my diploma percentage were 87 apprx. but choose EnTC ..the fear is getting bigger ...frndz I know its really silly but I need help from all CEanss......๐Ÿ˜”

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Dont care for discouraging people.Try your best and keep your academic performance decent and improve your soft skills.Attend offcampuses,walkin etc
    "where there is a will, there is a way.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I am not sure why are you disturbed?
    There is no reason you should be scared at all when it comes to placement.
    I have done my graduation in EnTc. I am currently working as a programmer, which has absolutely no relation with EnTc.

Don't be afraid, think of future, do you LIKE EnTc when it comes to work?

Let me give you brief about how I ended in EnTc, few of my ill-informed friends and family members, gave me advice of joining EnTc instead of CS or IT.
    According to them, almost everyone chooses CS or IT and that IT industry will slow-down causing recession and there would be lot of troubles while getting placements.

I joined EnTc, in first semester, we were introduced to C++,I liked programming in it and I was good in it.

In second semester, it was Java and I never looked back. I loved CS-IT subjects.
    In some cases, actually had more knowledge than them when it came to programing.

I never left programing cause I were not from CS-IT, due to this, I successfully got a job as a software developer.

Make sure you graduate with required marks and specialize in what you like.

To summarize, Don't think too much of what you did in past.
    Its not about what you were or did in past, its about what you choose to be in future.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ony one statement

Never stop till you breathe

This can be done only by the fearless => throw fear out
    You have potential nailing 87% is not easy for all => realit check
    Asset analysis Just check where you are good at => Self realisation

Now you are all set to build your dream on these three pillars
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Very few colleges are 'up to the mark' these days not excluding IITs. That you are up to the mark is all that is needed in the end.

It is a waste of time to think 'I should have done this or that', 'It might have been better if only I had..' kind of thoughts. You have the right attitude. Hold to it.
    Just do it, give it a shot 007!
  • mail154
    mail154
    A.V.Ramani
    Very few colleges are 'up to the mark' these days not excluding IITs. That you are up to the mark is all that is needed in the end.

It is a waste of time to think 'I should have done this or that', 'It might have been better if only I had..' kind of thoughts. You have the right attitude. Hold to it.
    Just do it, give it a shot 007!

๐Ÿ˜ Right Sir. Very Few Are Upto the Mark. But I Don't Find Much Issue In It. You Have to Work Hard Depending Upon Your college Mark. If Its Not Good at faculty we should get the knowledge elsewhere such as internet or other books. If at Placement,then you have to take your file and get into streets for off-campus ๐Ÿ˜€ .
    Depending Upon than that We May Work Hard ๐Ÿ˜€ .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think more damage has been done to engineers in this country by ill-informed friends and 'relatives' than any other thing. Instead of worrying about things you can't change - focus on what you can do the best. I'm yet to meet an engineer who's unemployed.
  • aady_007
    aady_007
    thanxx...now really feeling confident...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aady_007
    thanxx...now really feeling confident...
    You are on CE - you are in the good company. Don't worry. CEans will be with you throughout your life to help you at any stage when you need help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently General Motors have recalled 1.14 units of chevrolet tavera through 280 dealers to check emission norms incorporated by Indian government.GM has announced that it will be done for free...
hey Ceans, can you help me build a android app with SSH access. My requirements are if i click on a button certain command must be executed on the client....
hi friend tell me please to doing cdac after 2 year gap in btech,i am b.tech 2012 passout and i have got cdac mohali for DSSD but i am not...
Well it is time for all of CE to know more about CE MOD and Hall of Famer Abhishek Rawal As a matter of fact it is a small gift...
want to know about scope of pgdst course....What should i go for PG-DST or PG-DAC?