Opus 1.1 Codec Hits Beta.

Opus, an open-source lossy audio compression (low bit-rate) codec which delivers very good quality of sound which will be soon used for real-time internet applications world-wide has launched it's version 1.1 beta in [opus] Opus 1.1-beta, a demo, and version 1.0.3.

[​IMG]

In addition to release of Opus 1.1 beta, developers have also released version 1.0.3 which is backport of 1.1 API, with ofcourse several bug-fixes.
Opus codec is getting mature (thanks to their developers)& this open-source royalty-free codec is set to bring the revolutionary change in the world of online streaming of audio.

Download Opus : Downloads – Opus Codec

To know more about working of opus & it's performance, read : Auphonic Blog: Opus, the revolutionary open audio codec for podcasts and internet audio

Do you think, in very near future Opus will overtake over mp3,aac in online audio streaming domain ?
Share your opinion below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With much enthusiasm switched from windowsxp to windows8.😎 I use d-link dongle which proved incompatible with windows8 asking for it's driver software again switched back to windows7.😲
Teenagers, while may constitute a great part of Valve's target audience, do not yet have as strong an influence on Valve's workplace. The game developing company famous for Half-Life, Portal...
I always amused by the design of thread. I want to know that whether there is a relation for loss due to threads in tyre. We all know that threads...
Hi, My rank is 118 ( A+B+C). Can I get any tuition fee waiver???total fee is around 80000/-can anyone tell me ?
My friend of mine has called me and showed me a confusing construction in my hostel.Yes we found glass slides that have been buried in cement floor with constant distance....