NO SMS Text Policy - Explained

CEans,

The NO SMS text policy we have on CE is as old as CE. That is, we've been following it since day 0. 😀

The policy says that "All CEans must not use SMS text in their posts on CE". This means, 'gr8' should be written as 'great', 'u' as 'you', '4' should be 'for' and so on.

Reasons why we have NO SMS Text policy on CE:

1. CE is read by engineers around the world. Not everyone appreciates usage of SMS text in normal writing.
  2. The posts written in normal English look better and are more readable.
  3. It shows that the post author is serious about writing what (s)he is writing.
  4. It helps you in your professional life.
Before I conclude, let me inform you that you may use abbreviations.

Discuss this announcement in the following thread - #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/15768-no-sms-text-policy-explained.html#post45333 in this thread.
Hello, I just registered and would have read many of the posts and think they are very informative. I have a websites and wondering if anyone could help me out...
I have project in which i have to create a soultion which will mantain the temperature of a living space with a volume of 400m3 between 25-30 degrees centigrade. I...
Check this out for your daily commute: Revealed! 720hp, twin-turbocharged V12 Tramontana R - Autoblog Just need $450,000... =)
HI FOLKS, Could any one guide me to a decent article on collecting data with the help of a microcontroller ADC.I had worked with MSP430 microcontrollers for the last year...