NeedU (Android App)

Project Abstract / Summary : NeedU is an android application which is used in case of emergency of the users. The application is hidden in normal use of the device . It is only visible , when the user shakes the device. It appears on the lock screen . It show a button NeedU, which when long pressed will send the geographical location of the user as a notification to the contacts saved particular for this application . we can also register the contacts in this application to whom we need to alert our emergency. This Application is very unique because the application runs only when it is shook.The current application uses the power button as panic button. But my idea is not to use the power button. NeedU rather uses the lock screen as it's home screen and can be used easily at any emergency situation. It sends both the latitude and longitudinal coordinates of the user and a map view of the exact location of the user. NeedU will be an absolute awesome application in android in the field of tracking and security.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : The World at present is very much moved with the android applications . so i decided to create an application. I built this application mainly for the security of the females in the country. They may use it at any emergency situation. I believe my application will provide a good emergency tool for all the user who use it in the future.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Sri manakula vinayagar college
City: Pondicherry
State: pondicherry
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Real-time Bus information monitoring system is about gathering the basic information of the Bus that includes Bus arrival time, Bus departure, Bus number and number...
Project Abstract / Summary : The main aim of our project is to enable a doctor to view the status of a patient lying in the ward of hospital while...
Project Abstract / Summary : WATER FUEL POWER GENERATION SYSTEM​These days we are using fuel for running an I.C.Engine to produce electric energy which produces harmful byproducts out that are...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT: The thermal cycler (also known as a thermo cycler, polymerase chain reaction(PCR) machine or Deoxyribonucleic acid(DNA) amplifier) is a laboratory apparatus most commonly used...
Project Abstract / Summary : The rapidly increasing power of personal mobile devices is providing much richer contents and social interactions to users on the move. This trend however is...