NDE or NDT?

Recently i had a debate with one of my senior manager

He says we are not supposed to say ' Non Destructive Testing'

We should say only ' Non Destructive Examination or Evaluation'

Because ASME Code (Sec V ) doesn;t allow it.

Any one please clarify.....

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    It might just be a matter of terminology. Why don't you just read up ASME code (sec. V)? In strict sense, there's no difference as there is none between "innovation" and "creativity" (still people go on debating about it).
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Well you can expect senior managers and other such similar top brass to argue over trifles.

but at the same time you better go through ASME code and find out if there is any difference at all, and if there is none, then you have an edge to argue with that manager of yours .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hiiiiii, Can anyone Please tell me, What is the difference between Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering ?
Nokia Asha 210, the new trendy smartphone, that looks like it has been designed to appeal to the instant-messaging-prone young crowd, is now out on the shelves. Be it it's...
BMW India is all set to bring forth its facelift-ed BMW 7 Series luxury sedan in India tomorrow. The BMW 7-Series from the German automobile giant will now be a...
Tired of the time it takes to make 200 copies of that urgently needed document in office? A problem to your solution lies with HP - thanks to Officejet Pro...
Hello, I have a quick question to ask here. Recently I wanted to have a roof installed on my terrace to ward off the heavy rainfall. But because of the...