Modular Long Flashover Resistor Discussions

About 30-40% of power outages around the world are caused due to the lightening. The transmission lines are subjected to both direct lightning strokes and induced over voltages. Of these, the contribution of lightning towards the disruption of power flow is more. To protect transmission lines from the lightning and induced over voltages, separate protective schemes are essential according to the conventional protective design. Surge absorbers protect the lines from induced over voltages whereas lightning arrestors are used to bypass the lightning stroke to ground. With the advent of Modular Long Flash over Arrestor or LFA-M, we no more need separate arrangements for the above two problems.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is not exactly a puzzle.I have invented this myself. Have you ever wondered why we have a circle of 360 degrees only? When we can have it of 100...
The world is moving the past-PC era and soon we'll see touch screen devices everywhere. There's lot of innovation happening on the display technology and it seems that Quantum Dot...
Definition: Within the elastic limit of a solid material, the deformation, produced by a force of any kind is proportional to the force. Has anyone wondered why the definition has...
S&M Consultants is one of the upcoming names in the Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFM) Space. It has a team of experienced and certified OFM developers, who have sound understanding of...
Hello i m 2nd yr Ec student i m very confused in which field should i do my summer training and also how get in iitk for summer training........