Home Automation : Spill Out Some Ideas

If you're planning to automate your home, what features you'd like to have ? What you'd like to automate in your home ? What features you day-dream of ?
I would like to hear some ideas from all of you. Don't sleep on this thread, please.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I would like see all my home appliances controlled by my smart phone and also keep reporting to my smartphone.

Continue from thread :- Hello Klick - A Physical Button For Android To Perform Assigned Task.

I would interface my quick jack board with some RF transmitter and I will extend my range of communication.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think of home automation as something that's just a natural extension of you. Essentially, the home automation makes all of us a part of an electronic ecosystem. How about the system sensing my mood from my pupils, tone of my voice etc. and then makes the home ready to suit my mood. But there are challenges involved.

If I want silence for some time and the system thinks I'm sad; and then makes the home lighting and music 'party-like'; it'd only make me angry.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I would also like to monitor the energy consumption by each node in my home and that will be collected on some central server unit.
    By that way I can also measure the actual reading the the reading my electricity company charging me.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Keep it coming. I would be grateful if more Engineers join in. I am jotting points down.
    More minds, more ideas.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    I would like to have rotating room in my home . If I am looking sunset through my window I would like to see sunrise through same window same location early in the morning. It can also be controlled with my smart phone's alarm.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gionee, the Chinese mobile equipment manufacturer, has launched a new smartphone called the 'Gionee Pioneer P2S', a smartphone powered by a 1.3 GHz Dual-core Cortex A7 processor. Running on the...
We've been giving away new CrazyEngineers logo stickers to our fellow CEans. Since we're about to put an order for the next batch of stickers; we thought we'd collect some...
Hi all, I have a doubt regarding C Drive Issue occured in production server of our company. If it have a low disk space then we will delete the virus...
I see that the Moto G, which Flipkart has exclusive rights to sell in India, has been out of stock for several days now. I'm curious to know how long...
I'm looking for a decent pair of earphones that I can use while jogging / running or gymming. I currently use the ones that shipped with Samsung Galaxy phone; and...