Microsoft NATAL = Microsoft Kinect

Microsoft's Project Natal is now officially called 'Microsoft Kinect', USA Today revealed. The trend started by Nintendo with its gaming console, WII has entered into next phase. Project NATAL (Kinect) is about interacting with the video, without using any controller. The technology uses motion sensing cameras to turn your body actions into inputs to the device.

Following game types will be available for Kinect on its launch (date unconfirmed) -

--Kinectimals features over 20 different virtual pets, including lions, tigers, and cheetahs, to play with or raise.

--Joyride has returned to life as a controller-free racing game, apparently.

--Kinect Sports will offer sport games to play: "boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis." For each one, you will make motions to play the games.

--Kinect Adventures has a river raft and obstacle course to navigate -- this is likely the demo we saw last week.

--MTV Games will release Dance Central, where you can cut a virtual rug.

--And there will be more games announced later featuring both Disney characters and Star Wars characters, in conjunction with Disney and LucasArts, respectively.

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Oh nice,.So it becomes a gaming arena!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The IT services major company, Cognizant Pune, is now charging for facilities it should otherwise provide to employees for free. The employees will now have to pay Rs. 25/- per...

Vco

hello. please anyone help me with the voltage controlled oscillator circuits alongwith the components used being specified clearly.
I read an article that said companies pay their employees for their time and not for the value they create. I don't know whether this is true or not; but...
Can we use steam to defrost a spiral freezer from -35 degree C to +20 degree C
difference b/w knocking of c.i. & s.i. engine...........๐Ÿ˜