s.i. engine & c.i. engine

difference b/w knocking of c.i. & s.i. engine...........😁

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    In spark ignition (SI) engines, petrol or gasoline is used as fuel, while in compression ignition (CI) engines, diesel is used as fuel. Petrol engines are lightweight and achieve higher speed. Diesel engines, on the other hand, are heavy engines and achieve lesser speeds.

Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#

I got this point from there!
  • gohm
    gohm
    By knocking are you referring to detonation or pre-ignition?
  • agurvinder
    agurvinder
    knocking is detonation .i.e noise heard due to strong pressure wave propagating at high speed in combustion chamber(c.c) due to auto ignition of the fuel by any reason (even pre-ignition). it is more common in s.i. engines bt more sever in C.i. engines due to higher comp ratio. the phenomenon is same for both.
  • stray fire engg.
    stray fire engg.
    knocking is detonation .i.e noise heard due to strong pressure wave propagating at high speed in combustion chamber(c.c) due to auto ignition of the fuel by any reason (even pre-ignition). it is more common in s.i. engines bt more sever in C.i. engines due to higher comp ratio. the phenomenon is same for both
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    knocking process is same for both CI and SI.. It is very high in CI(combustion ignition) as compression ratio is very high as compared to SI(Spark ignition)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i wanna ask do embedded C and microprocessor programming really help us if we are interested in ?😕 to industry related electronic;-)
hello guys, i m Praveen kumar and i have completed my engineering under the branch Information Science Engineering in karnataka. In our university we have comp science and information science...
Can anyone please explain me about this web site ? I just got an brief idea about this website but i want to know whole procedure How it works?
Hacker Halted Conference-2010 Schedule: Hacker Halted Conference-2010, October 9-15th 2010, Miami Florida. Hacker Halted is the premier information security conference of its kind in the world. Hacker Halted has one...
I am interested in making an application for the deaf wherein the voice message at the caller end will be transmitted in the form of data packets such that they...