Meet HEXO+: An Autonomous Drone For Aerial Filming

Adventure sports’ filming is now a big part of the video camera industry. Several video camera manufacturers like Sony and JVC have launched various action cameras for adventure sports enthusiasts. These cameras can be mounted on the person or used by a third person for filming but what if you wanted to infuse some drama with aerial shots. In the past you had options like MeCam: A Nano Copter Fitted With Camera That Follows You Everywhere! but they were too slow to keep up with your pace and you could never adjust the angle of the shoot. So keeping these needs in mind a California based start-up called Squadrone System has introduced HEXO+. HEXO+ is an autonomous drone that follows the location of your Android or iOS smartphone at a distance and angle set by you and shoots video with the help of GoPro Hero3 HD camera. The HEXO+ drone takes off and lands itself without any help and is able to make safe emergency landings by returning to base location in case it loses GPS signal or the smartphone malfunctions.

HEXO+ 1

The best part of the drone is that it repositions and stabilises itself automatically depending upon the even slightest changes in your position. The HEXO+ is able to travel at speeds of up to 70 kmph but this speed comes at the expense of battery life. At full speed a 3S battery will be able to last for just 15 minutes.

HEXO+ 2

The project is now up on Kickstarter seeking funds for perfecting and mass producing the HEXO+. The project has received a positive response from the public as it has managed to receive funding of $180,727 which is almost 3.5 times its original goal of $50,000 within 24 hours. With 29 days still to go we can expect it to reach the extended goal of $250,000 for which they promise to add live view video playback to the product. If you want to get your hands on one of these you will have to spend a minimum of $499 dollars and we would like to remind you that you also need a GoPro Hero3 HD White or Black Edition camera to do the actual filming. The company also provides a combo offer where it sells the GoPro Hero3 camera along with the HEXO+, a 2D gimbal and the app for $699 or $799.

To know more about the HEXO+ you can visit the #-Link-Snipped-#, their #-Link-Snipped-# and the coverage on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# This is exactly what your friend was looking for? 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# This is exactly what your friend was looking for? 😁
    Yeah ! It is But I would say if we are spending this money on this board then better we go with Phantom.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was browsing Idea Cellular website yesterday and they seem to have introduced new plans. While customising my own pack, I found that they're offering something called "3G GPRS". I...
It was only last month that Indonesia exclusively witnessed the launch of Blackberry Z3 smartphone in special Jakarta edition. Priced at 2,199,000 IDR (or approximately Rs. 11,435 or USD 190),...
HI Folks, I was a very reqular member of this site few years back. Good to see new members/ fourums. Feels good to be here again.
ideaForge was founded by a team of IIT Bombay grads (Ankit Mehta, Rahul Singh, Ashish Bhat, Amardeep Singh) and Vipul Joshi. Ankit Mehta completed his B.Tech and M.Tech in Mechanical...
After announcing the 10-year project of developing a supersonic car on 23 October 2008 at the Science Museum in London, RAF fighter pilot Andy Green and the team comprising of...