Loss due to tyre thread style?

I always amused by the design of thread.
I want to know that whether there is a relation for loss due to threads in tyre.
We all know that threads were used for increasing friction and help to improve stability while cornering.But a friend of me said that there is a great loss due to bad design of threads.Is that fact real?
Please share your views on Design of threads in auto design.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    your friend seems to be true. (not sure though).

now due to constant usage, certain treads start becoming smooth, due to which there is loss of friction between the tyre and the ground, and this may lead to slipping of the tyres. such tyres then need to be re-treaded.

now which type of tread, will wear out soon in this manner, may depend on the design of it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, My rank is 118 ( A+B+C). Can I get any tuition fee waiver???total fee is around 80000/-can anyone tell me ?
My friend of mine has called me and showed me a confusing construction in my hostel.Yes we found glass slides that have been buried in cement floor with constant distance....
I have an galaxy y along with laptop without wifi.Can I use the phone as a wifi receiver? I have tried connectify.But it can only reverse tether the wifi signal...
I'm a game freak.Are you? Ok lets start the discussion.Name the best game in every genre you have played. Starting with mine, Race-Need for speed most wanted old version(its graphic...
hi frnds, following is my rank :- plz help me in selecting center for DESD course ... is there any chance of getting DESD course in CDAC pune or CDAC...