Live In Relationships & Marriages

guys and gals am quite curious to know your views on live in relations and marraiges. i will soon post my views on this....

Replies

• integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    it has taken me into deep thinking

This topic is really very weird.Cause i had this topic in one of the discussions and i constantly fought for the valued instilled in us by the country,the tradition,the customs and what not... the moment i came out of the discussion room.. zoom.. my thoughts gripped me like anything! i mean there i was busy fighting and proving the western cultures(as was in the discussion) wrong but poor me i was unaware that i was indirectly saying that here we r not believeing and trust in ourselves neither our life partner so we need marraiges to keep us bonded. whats ur opinion?
  • crook
    crook
    i got the feeling.

This is a very sensitive topic. Man invents suitable ways to satisfy his needs. The roots of above topic are found in basic human needs.

Live in relationships & marriages questions the conscience. The choice is after all, yours. wester culture should not be blamed for live in relationships. there are tons of families in western countries which still believe in the institution of marriage.

I question what the original poster says in her second post. I think it is the trust that keeps a marriage alive. then live in relationship doesn't take into consideration the 'trust' factor.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crook
    i got the feeling.

This is a very sensitive topic. Man invents suitable ways to satisfy his needs. The roots of above topic are found in basic human needs.

Live in relationships & marriages questions the conscience. The choice is after all, yours. western culture should not be blamed for live in relationships. There are tons of families in western countries which still believe in the institution of marriage.

I question what the original poster says in her second post. I think it is the trust that keeps a marriage alive. then live in relationship doesn't take into consideration the 'trust' factor.
    Good start integratdbrains,

A good debatable topic, You will always find this type of questions in the GD of good competitive exams...
    And you will always find the people who will support Live-in relationship.......Why they support it i will discuss it later in my post ....but before this I want move away a little far side from the topic...
    The question is why you are not in support of the Live-In Relationship??
    Is it just because of the fact that you think from INDIAN TRADIONAL point of view? Or is it you go for the logic of this TRADITION...??
    According to the Indian tradition any physical relationship before marriage is wrong... so they usually say that Live-in Relationship is wrong...they never stress on the pin point of the marriage.
    For them point is that when you will marry to some guy or gal you will have to live with her/him for whole life...No matter your thinking, frequency matches with him/her or not .
    But if I will go parallel to the Indian tradition ...... and saw the last year's reports by magazine...... ...The data is quite heart breaking for the Indian traditionalist
    According to data in year 2005 there were 51%gals and 47% guys were there who had an physical relationship before marriage.
    Now what say??

in western countries(I wrote it because concept of Live-in relation ship come from there only)...or to be more precise live-in relationship they live together so that they come to know each other (a guy and a gal...) and don’t forget the ultimate aim of the live-in relationship of Marriage (an institution).
    So As for me Live-in relationship concept is not right but the views of Indian tradition are also not so good...

what say...
    Shout junta.....

--crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pointers

Guys,

More information would come out if someone analyses the roots of inistitution of marriage. It would be worthwhile if we talk about why the concept of live-in relationships came into existance.

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    y that someone can't be u?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm afraid to say I do not have much to say over this topic. As I said, this debate might become more interesting if someone analyses the roots.

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    its ok biggie

i think the whole concept becomes more hollow when we think much deeper. Now a days (specially the youth) are more career oriented,more of mechanised,and demand a more open minded partner(though not necessarily should be the case with us).open minded as in everyone requires his/her own space and in marraige things get complicated here! ever read men are from mars and women are from venus? In a marraige one becomes more of responsible to answer husband/wife's questions,one cannot say its none of ur business that easily! it hurts to hurt a person who lives for us!πŸ˜” where as in live in relations one can easily demand privacy and really speaking when two individuals come together for selfish concerns then one must be a fool if he/she tries to interfere in others matter(life)!πŸ˜’
  • aashima
    aashima
    an an ...

integratdbrains
    i think the whole concept becomes more hollow when we think much deeper. Now a days (specially the youth) are more career oriented,more of mechanised,and demand a more open minded partner(though not necessarily should be the case with us).open minded as in everyone requires his/her own space and in marraige things get complicated here! ever read men are from mars and women are from venus? In a marraige one becomes more of responsible to answer husband/wife's questions,one cannot say its none of ur business that easily! it hurts to hurt a person who lives for us!πŸ˜” where as in live in relations one can easily demand privacy and really speaking when two individuals come together for selfish concerns then one must be a fool if he/she tries to interfere in others matter(life)!πŸ˜’

well considering marriage as a restriction and appreciating the freedom u enjoy in a live in relation ship is not a wise idea i suppose.... u can have freedom of living yer life ur own way in a live in realtion but is such a relation actually a relation??? living with a person with no reason... u dont know wen a fight may crop up and both of them will neva see each other again.... yea... they have got the freedom!!! well i believe a relation is shud be healthy enuff to retain till a long time... and certain restrictions have to be there to keep it safe...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Do you think aasima, after marriage two persons never fight and met a divorse...
    Live- in relationship only to make sure that the diviorse situation will not come...
    They will come to knwo that their frequency is matching...

Any way i already posted in my earlier post that end point of successful live-In relationship is Marriage only...But a better one...

--Crazy
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    i completely disagree with crazyboy.. the ultimate aim of live in relation can be also other than marraige(selfish concerns as said by me earlier).. because u never know when there will be a big fight and the two will get separated.i mean such separations are of no concern to the society because the indians still think that such practices r not within the frames of society. when married and getting divorced, one conciously or subconciously knows that he/she needs to be justified in his act of separation. One can say we Indians are conservatively forward !
  • aashima
    aashima
    crazyboy
    Do you think aasima, after marriage two persons never fight and met a divorse...
    Live- in relationship only to make sure that the diviorse situation will not come...
    They will come to knwo that their frequency is matching...

Any way i already posted in my earlier post that end point of successful live-In relationship is Marriage only...But a better one...

--Crazy
    well no doubt that many marriages end up wih divorce but the individuals do take a chance again b4 going for a divorce... this neva happens with live in...does it???
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    i completely disagree with crazyboy.. the ultimate aim of live in relation can be also other than marraige(selfish concerns as said by me earlier).. because u never know when there will be a big fight and the two will get separated.i mean such separations are of no concern to the society because the indians still think that such practices r not within the frames of society. when married and getting divorced, one conciously or subconciously knows that he/she needs to be justified in his act of separation. One can say we Indians are conservatively forward !
  • @bhi$ingh
    @bhi$ingh
    i think "live in relationship" will really have some consequences. now if partners are ready to handle that consequence then it's ok.if it succed then it will let them & society be more openminded & it will help to remove our traditional barriers.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    As far as society and culture of India is concerned, live in relationship is taboo. One man should have only one women in his life, and the same applies in the case of a woman. But is it what's happening actually? Here's my take on this: #-Link-Snipped-#.

As far as "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" is concerned, the ideology of understanding a man or a woman is firmly subjected in that book. However, relationships have complications and we have to view each person's relation individually. Man is blessed with free will, but the choice that he/she makes should not feel offending in society.

My take: Live-In relations won't last; marriage does if it's with the right partner who is willing to compromise the past...ofcourse, nobody is perfect!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am with #-Link-Snipped-# here If you are doing a thing which others detest then we can not you know mingle with the society more that itself is the root cause of all the problems

PS : Is there a college or High School where this is not happening one or the other is involved in a so called "Affair" For a day or so and then with another person
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Now a days, its not a matter of continuing a live-in relation to marriage step. Couples choose to be in live-in relation to share things economically.
    I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# that most of the guys and gals have more than one affair in today's scenario. Also its not certain that how long these "affairs" will last and which one will sustain for how long??
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The purpose of a formal marriage i think is to invite God into your relationship and for him to bless it. It is a commitment to eachother.
    Making it a legal transaction was man's idea and like many others was born out of necessity so that if they were to part there is controlled and peaceful way to part. The entire 'who gets what' process is fair...........sometimes...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

a very warm hi to everyone.... well....we all know it without ne doubts that hollywood surpasses bollywood in almost all feilds it puts its efforts in... whether its the case...
hi all music is the flavour of life... i adore music in all respects... and then the intruments that create these beautiful sounds are even more melodious.... i love listening...
Hi all New Members of Crazy Engineers community ! πŸ˜€ Now that you are a CEan, I request you to go through the Crazy Engineers Newbie Guide quickly before you...
Hi CEans! I'm glad to announce the launch of CE Newsletter - beta! Here comes a detailed explanation 😁 What is CE Newsletter? - CE newsletter will be a Newsletter...
You are not allowed a PG by your family members.and they insist that u start a business instead.but they are not sponsoring you,neither you r allowed to take loans.. nor...