List down file names in a folder

On my computer, I have a folder which contains many files. I want all these file names to be listed in an spreadsheet. How do I do that? DOes windows provide any facility for that?

๐Ÿ˜›

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Differential
    On my computer, I have a folder which contains many files. I want all these file names to be listed in an spreadsheet. How do I do that? DOes windows provide any facility for that?

๐Ÿ˜›
    You can use the following java code part to get the names of files in particular directory and use FileWriter class to write the file names in a excel file
    File folder = new File("c:/");
    File[] listOfFiles = folder.listFiles();
    System.out.println("File " + listOfFiles.getName());
  • Differential
    Differential
    ms_cs
    You can use the following java code part to get the names of files in particular directory and use FileWriter class to write the file names in a excel file
    File folder = new File("c:/");
    File[] listOfFiles = folder.listFiles();
    System.out.println("File " + listOfFiles.getName());

Finally some hope for me................

Thanks for your reply. ๐Ÿ˜€

BUT, I am totally unknown to Java and Filewriter and whatever they are.
    You might have to tell me in detail and in step by step to get these file names to excel (spreadsheet). And Yeah, I am little familiar with excel macros. Would that help in this task?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    you can store it in excel sheet by,

1.open the command prompt
    2.just type,

dir > filename.xls

Hope this may help you ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Differential
    Differential
    ms_cs
    you can store it in excel sheet by,

1.open the command prompt
    2.just type,

dir > filename.xls

Hope this may help you ๐Ÿ˜€
    I can store what in excel sheet? Pls explain what you want to say in detail.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    You can store the names of the files with the size,

try this,
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Conan
    This tool is very helpful to list down when we have more number of files, say in 100's in a folder. It is best when linking of it also enabled.
    Hi Conan,
    About which tool you are talking about? Please name it, I couldn't get it. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thanks !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just came across this hilarious Dilbert joke that makes fun of the company policies. Check it out -
I have bugzilla installed in my system, but no idea how to get the url. I have no clue what is to be done next. Please help me.
Official Website: ||Anaadyanta '09|| Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology A Sanskrit word meaning neither the beginning nor the end... is also an epithet for Lord Shiva. The institution hosts its...
I am an architecture student currently designing a building that augments/conducts vibrations through it. What types of materials are best for allowing vibrations to pass through them easily? And what...
*I am not advertising OPTUS Ads* I just loved this ad. The quote goes " we believe anything is possible in communication" I can relate this ad to the slaughter...