Need help on bugzilla

I have bugzilla installed in my system, but no idea how to get the url. I have no clue what is to be done next.

Please help me.

Replies

• niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    well if you have not given any custom setting then it would be
    #-Link-Snipped-# but before test let me know what you see when you type "httpslashslashlocalhost" if you have apache then everything is ok
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Did you install it using XAMPP? If yes, see the location of folder in which bugzilla is installed inside htdocs folder.

Does this help?
  • rishna
    rishna
    niraj.kumar
    well if you have not given any custom setting then it would be
    #-Link-Snipped-# but before test let me know what you see when you type "httpslashslashlocalhost" if you have apache then everything is ok
    hey i don't know what is custome setting. also i did not configure anything. i tried local host but it is not working.
    hey, i have no clue about the software. I'll tell you what, i was asked to raise a request and i did, the NSS guys here installed it in my system. Now they also don't exactly know how to access it. I am supposed to use it to log defects in it.
    Kindly, could you give me the complete procedure.
  • rishna
    rishna
    The_Big_K
    Did you install it using XAMPP? If yes, see the location of folder in which bugzilla is installed inside htdocs folder.

Does this help?
    Big K, it is not installed using XAMPP.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I didn't quite get you when you said you 'installed' in on your system. I think Bugzilla is installed on some other machine and you are only accessing it through your browser.

If that is the case, you'll have to connect to the server on which Bugzilla is installed.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Now its matter of just firing a command which will refresh/repair all the bugzilla directories/files. Try to search that command on google . After firing that command when you will launch Bugzilla it will open properly.

If I will find that command anywhere I will post that. May be this information will help you.

-Crazy
  • rishna
    rishna
    The_Big_K
    I didn't quite get you when you said you 'installed' in on your system. I think Bugzilla is installed on some other machine and you are only accessing it through your browser.

If that is the case, you'll have to connect to the server on which Bugzilla is installed.
    is it? but it is installed in my system only😕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you're sure, it should be available on 'localhost/
    If you know the name of the folder in which bugzilla is installed; try typing following in your browser -

#-Link-Snipped-#)

If that does not work -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Typically it would be

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The Y-Not
    is it? but it is installed in my system only😕

Buddy, I faced the same problem when I installed Bugzilla on my system. And I am sure there is a command which will repair all the bugizlla files and directories. After that your bugzilla will be all set to roar.

I am not able to recall that command 😁

-Crazy
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    Hello CrazyBoy,
    Can you briefly for what purpose this Bugzilla is used.
    I know up to some extent(almost negligible) it is a bug tracker.
    right?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Raviteja.g
    Hello CrazyBoy,
    Can you briefly for what purpose this Bugzilla is used.
    I know up to some extent(almost negligible) it is a bug tracker.
    right?
    @ Ravi - Yup. Its mainly a bug tracker.

Bugzilla is a bug- or issue-tracking system. Bug-tracking systems allow individual or groups of developers effectively to keep track of outstanding problems with their product. Bugzilla was originally written by Terry Weissman in a programming language called TCL, to replace a rudimentary bug-tracking database used internally by Netscape Communications. Terry later ported Bugzilla to Perl from TCL, and in Perl it remains to this day. Most commercial defect-tracking software vendors at the time charged enormous licensing fees, and Bugzilla quickly became a favorite of the open-source crowd (with its genesis in the open-source browser project, Mozilla). It is now the de-facto standard defect-tracking system against which all others are measured.

Bugzilla boasts many advanced features. These include:
    • Powerful searching
    • User-configurable email notifications of bug changes
    • Full change history
    • Inter-bug dependency tracking and graphing
    • Excellent attachment management
    • Integrated, product-based, granular security schema
    • Fully security-audited, and runs under Perl's taint mode
    • A robust, stable RDBMS back-end
    • Web, XML, email and console interfaces
    • Completely customisable and/or localisable web user interface
    • Extensive configurability
    • Smooth upgrade pathway between versions
    @ Y-Not - any success in finding that command? If yes share that with everyone.

-Crazy
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    Bugzilla quickly became a favorite of the open-source crowd (with its genesis in the open-source browser project, Mozilla). It is now the de-facto standard defect-tracking system against which all others are measured.
    Really nice.
    A open source software became a standard!!!
    and how can we make use of this Bugzilla?
    I mean which debugged using this Bugzilla...
  • rishna
    rishna
    crazyboy;53174@ Y-Not - any success in finding that command? If yes share that with everyone. -Crazy:cean:[/quote
    as of now got one command trying that, but not sure if it will work
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    Hello Y-Not ,
    whether it works or not?
    if it works don't forget to share that command here and
    where did you get that command ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    If problem is still persisting try your luck with following command:
    restorecon -Rv bugzilla

-Crazy
  • rishna
    rishna
    no it's not working.
    I got to know that i have to install pearl and need to configure some settings in tomcat.
    So, i am doing that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Official Website: ||Anaadyanta '09|| Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology A Sanskrit word meaning neither the beginning nor the end... is also an epithet for Lord Shiva. The institution hosts its...
I am an architecture student currently designing a building that augments/conducts vibrations through it. What types of materials are best for allowing vibrations to pass through them easily? And what...
*I am not advertising OPTUS Ads* I just loved this ad. The quote goes " we believe anything is possible in communication" I can relate this ad to the slaughter...
Name:Azhari Nickname :Ayie *Engineering Trade: Location: Malaysia *Occupation:Student Work Experience: Computer technician 6 month *Hobbies & Interests: research and development *Aim in life: Make AI robot for personal use *I...
Try this search site.... Search