Lathe design programme

Hi ceans,
I need ur support to designing a lathe.
its my final year project.
I have to design a software capable of giving design specificaion(drive design, Bed design, lead screw design,spindle design etc.).

Waiting for ur crazy ideas.

Ur new,Mac.

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    What I understand is you want to design a software which will give design specifications of a lathe machine upon entering your requirements !

Now, if I'm right, what would be your requirements in the form of ? and how ?
    some examples.
  • mac_mickey005
    mac_mickey005
    Differential
    What I understand is you want to design a software which will give design specifications of a lathe machine upon entering your requirements !

Now, if I'm right, what would be your requirements in the form of ? and how ?
    some examples.

Let me explain , For example in my last project I had to design a "Programme in c language" for spur gear design which is capable to provide module , BHN, and other specifications related to module for given power and rpm.

Now I requires steps and logicsfor above project(lathe).
    let's start with lead screw design.So plz send logics of lead screw design
  • Differential
    Differential
    Come up with what factors must be considered for lead screw design !
    Then list down what all parameters are to be decided when you design lead screw. eg. pitch, length of screw rod, etc.
    For deciding factors like dimeter, type material you have to calculate all types of forces that are applied on lead screw. Now you may have to study design features of this part. See what factor of safety is typically used in lead screw design.

Also prepare a general idea in your mind about how your software will look like, what kind of results you anticipate.

Here are some links that will give you kick start.

Lathe Design, Construction and Operation, with Practical Examples of the ... - Oscar E. Perrigo - Google Books
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Lathe (Metal) Feed And Lead Screws

Leadscrew

Come up with your questions and we could discuss them here !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, Here is a simple question from me. Can you tell me how many ways are there & what are they,to know since how long my system is up...
CEans, I bet those of you who have spent some time in the corporate world, have come across the typical words from the HR & Senior Management Folks : "We...
To quote from Wikipedia - Intrapreneur - The spirit of entrepreneurship within an existing organization. Intrapreneur is a person who focuses on innovation and creativity and who transforms a dream...
Hey Guys, please spend some time.......
Hi ... can any one give some ideas regarding (HCCI engines) homogenous charge compression ignition engines... its working with figures,,... With Regards ANAND😀