Do employees feel that they are a part of 'family'?

CEans,

I bet those of you who have spent some time in the corporate world, have come across the typical words from the HR & Senior Management Folks : "We are a part of a family!"

During a coffee-room discussion (I've had plenty of them!) I came to know that employees do not really feel being a part of the big family of the company. I was even bit shocked to see that 99% ( 100% would look bad!) work only for ONE big reason : money!

But those are my observations. What do you have to say?

Replies

• Tarunjaiyna
    Tarunjaiyna
    Hi,

I agree with you. However, this is one thing towards which HR of a company should focus to make it successful. Extremely successful companies like Micosoft, cutting company napster actually showed this in their initial years, that if employee feels being part of organization then battle is half won already.
  • Differential
    Differential
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

I bet those of you who have spent some time in the corporate world, have come across the typical words from the HR & Senior Management Folks : "We are a part of a family!"

During a coffee-room discussion (I've had plenty of them!) I came to know that employees do not really feel being a part of the big family of the company. I was even bit shocked to see that 99% ( 100% would look bad!) work only for ONE big reason : money!

But those are my observations. What do you have to say?

I think, it differs on organization-to-organization and also person-to-person ! Few organizations really care for their employees. Also some people have their own nature of mingling or not mingling in people.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Differential
    I think, it differs on organization-to-organization and also person-to-person ! Few organizations really care for their employees. Also some people have their own nature of mingling or not mingling in people.
    Make absolute sense....
  • gohm
    gohm
    Not too much anymore, although was it really actually present? A generation or two ago employees worked for a company most of their career. Now the average is a few years.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To quote from Wikipedia - Intrapreneur - The spirit of entrepreneurship within an existing organization. Intrapreneur is a person who focuses on innovation and creativity and who transforms a dream...
Hey Guys, please spend some time.......
Hi ... can any one give some ideas regarding (HCCI engines) homogenous charge compression ignition engines... its working with figures,,... With Regards ANAND😀
how to submit a line and its attributes in data format so that i can store it in database
hi everyone,i'm new here,i came to know about crazy enginners while searching for a project idea.I'm doin s5 ec,i badly need help on a mini projectin electronics,i thought of working...