Lathe Bed design

Hey guys.

I am currently working on my final year project at my university.

First of all I should mention that the budget for my project is extremely small; so any solutions do not necessarily have to be the best. Its only important that it would work and that I would get some results.

This year I am designing and building a simple 2-axis filament winding machine.
- YouTube
At the moment I am designing the bed for the 'lathe'. I am trying to think of possible solutions for the tailstock to 'glide' on bed, and then lock its position; this is so that different sized mandrels could be used on my filament winding machine. It is also important that the tailstock is sturdy on the bed.

Please let me know if it does not make sense!

Thanks!
Leon

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Do you have any design documents or sketches of your idea so far?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, Nice to see all the answers. I am looking for the nano technology simulator from the past so many weeks. Can any one suggest any vendors who are...
hello can you suggest me any books for beginner in C++?
Hi CEans, I am doing my final year project on Wireless Electronic Notice Board. I am using 8051 micro controller. Please help me with interfacing a keyboard with this micro...
1.If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. 2.Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right 3.Forgive and forget, but keep a list of names just...
Every day, I stumble upon interesting profiles of our members. Some are so desperate for project ideas that they ignore instructions. Look what happens when you ignore the instructions -...