Laptops Vs iPad / Tablets - What do you prefer?

I'm curious to know what do our fellow engineers prefer - laptops or tablets? Earlier, the choice was easy because the tablets didn't have multiple task management capabilities and had lesser computing power compared to laptops. 

That has changed now! 

These days, the tablets are way more capable and powerful than laptops - minus the comfort of the keyboard. 

Do post - what do you like better - tablets or laptops? Why? 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ sir, #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ 

• shameer ariff
    shameer ariff

Always laptops, the tablet are not convenient for professional usage, it may be helpful during browsing and playing but not for coding or for terminal (CLI)

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ Am I too old school for this? I still believe in desktops. I think real work gets done at a desk with a notepad by your side.

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

As I am more into Electronics development I prefer Desktop but I think  compare to tablet for the development purpose still Laptop is far ahead.

• ramesh madichipara
    ramesh madichipara

I Would go for laptop because coding is convient on it.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I have a Dell Desktop, A Macairpro, an iPad (Second issue), and a Redmi note.

Almost all my professional work is done on the workplace (work horse also) Dell. More convenient for drawings, reports, Excel and such. At 80 years, the user prefers the large display that reduces errors.

• Ravi Thakur
    Ravi Thakur

Laptop is convenient in any way...according to display size, and having keypad is advantage over tablets...and we can run software

Like solid work and cad 

• abhijeet chandak
    abhijeet chandak

Students who are interested in programming, software development, computer science and have good analytical and reasoning skills may pursue this course. B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications) is a slightly similar course. But B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering is bit more detailed and is a much more valuable Degree!

• Addy smith
    Addy smith

Well, I prefer to desktops because they have a large screen, keyboard and more important for body posture. The professionals choose desktops for a long time of sitting work, I know they have the limitation of portability but still, they are best at work.

• Aryaman Gupta
    Aryaman Gupta

Both the gadgets are different in their platform so we really can't compare both of them. As we know that laptop is a computer the but iPad is a tablet so we should not compare both of them.

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal

Desktops over everything when it comes to work or gaming. It's 2019 and I am still struggling with laptops.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i've completed my graduation in mechanical with 60.4% upto final year first semester (2nd semester results were not yet released) i'm an average student who is interested in only automobiles..as...
I have aggregate of above 70% till 7th sem (ECE 2018). Iam interested in vlsi and hope to do mtech next year. Due to lack of preparation I was not...
I have got 1996 rank in IP MCA Entrance 2018. Which colleges will offered for me