Jet Engine

Hi Friends,

I'am uploading a video of how Jet Turbine Engine Works

Please, can somebody help me in deriving formula to find out values of Pressure, Temperature in Pre-combustion.

Certain Questions
1.) Can Jet engine be downsized to be fit in an Koenigsegg Agera R?
2.) How much power will it produce?

Replies

• TheBugInYou
    TheBugInYou
    U are an IT engineer... may i understand u r interest in finding this :?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    TheBugInYou
    At CE, we encourage cross-discipline discussions. 👍
    Feel free to ask queries/answer queries regarding any technical branch.
  • Amit Krupal
    Amit Krupal
    TheBugInYou
    Hahaha

You read my introduction and I think you misunderstood me, there is a difference between BSc.IT and IT engineer.

Let it be, actually i was working on 6 stroke Diesel engine, but I am curious to know more about Axial compressor.

I am currently working on Multi Purpose All terrain Vehicle code named TKM-IX

I want to use Axial compressor for supercharging

Current Design Specification:
    Overall Length : 5000 mm
    Overall Width : 2000 mm
    Overall Height : 2000 mm
    Wheelbase : 3250 mm
    Ground Clearance : 350 mm
    Front Track : 1650 mm
    Rear Track : 1650 mm
    Front Overhang : 444.5 mm
    Rear Overhang : 1305.5 mm
    Angle of Approach : 90 degrees
    Angle of Departure : 35 degrees

Tires :
    4 wheel & 2 spare
    Pro-COMP Radial 35 x 12.5 R17 AT
    Diameter : 35" (889 mm)
    Section Height : 228.6 mm
    Section Width : 317.5

Wheel :

PRO-COMP's XTREME ALLOYS SERIES 7028 FLAT BLACK FINISH

17x8.5,
    6 on 5.5" (139.7) Bolt Pattern
    Backspace = 4.75" (120.65)
    Max Load = 2200 lbs
    Finish = Flat Black
    Hub Centric = No
    Offset = 0 mm

Engine Detail:

Longitudinally mounted
    2011 Toyota 4Runner 3.7L V8 DOHC with variable valve timing and four valves per cylinder
    Bore : 82 mm
    Stroke : 87.5 mm
    Bore-Stroke Ratio : 0.9371
    Displacement : 3698.20 cc
  • josf
    josf
    Theres one thing that has been bugging me...Why is both the compressors converging in diameter...Converging means reducing area, thus increased velocity and reduced pressure..then how does the compressor increase the pressure in axial compressor...forgive me if I sound silly...Please help me. Thankyou
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    josf
    Theres one thing that has been bugging me...Why is both the compressors converging in diameter...Converging means reducing area, thus increased velocity and reduced pressure..then how does the compressor increase the pressure in axial compressor...forgive me if I sound silly...Please help me. Thankyou
    fluid pressure actually depends on the area of cross-section of the pipe/nozzle through which it flows. when the cross sectional area decreases then there is a pressure drop.
  • josf
    josf
    zaveri
    fluid pressure actually depends on the area of cross-section of the pipe/nozzle through which it flows. when the cross sectional area decreases then there is a pressure drop.
    That I know...but why the dia of compressor reduces as the stages advance...because our aim is to increase pressure..but this way by gradually reducing the dia will decrease the pressure. see in the picture the dia of compressor is reducing. that will reduce the pressure right?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    josf
    That I know...but why the dia of compressor reduces as the stages advance...because our aim is to increase pressure..but this way by gradually reducing the dia will decrease the pressure. see in the picture the dia of compressor is reducing. that will reduce the pressure right?
    that will not , because the fluid pressure has already been increased by the working of the compressor blades.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Amit Krupal
    Hi Friends, 1.) Can Jet engine be downsized to be fit in an Koenigsegg Agera R? 2.) How much power will it produce?

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Jet Engine Plans & Kits
    The chairman of a Coimbatore company once showed me a large coconut sized jet engine that was lying on his table, two of which fitted one each on each wing tip of a single seater plane was flown by him.
  • Amit Krupal
    Amit Krupal
    bioramani

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Jet Engine Plans & Kits
    The chairman of a Coimbatore company once showed me a large coconut sized jet engine that was lying on his table, two of which fitted one each on each wing tip of a single seater plane was flown by him.

Thanks Sir for the website & videos, well while searching i found a video "model jet engines - "how it's made" show from Discovery Channel"

• TheBugInYou
    TheBugInYou
    I am happy to see u r enthusiasm to learn while woking on a project... thats gud.. but I am not aware what does IT mean 😛

Coming to job..
    Refer to the below Pv Drawing... u must have already gone through...
    [​IMG]

Coming to the stages of Axial compressor working... please refer to the below pic.. it's self explanatory..
    [​IMG]

And remember one thing for sure.. forget the pressure part.. WORK OUTPUT OF THE TURBINE AND WORK INPUT BY COMPRESSOR IN A JET ENGINE IS ALMOST SAME.... 😛 yeah that's true.. the compressor increases the pressure.. then again combustion takes place... and that high pressure gases expand through nozzle which converts all pressure energy to kinetic energy.

One silly doubt for the much more enthusiasts....

WHY ANYMORE COMBUSTION IS REQUIRED WHEN THE WORK INPUT AT COMPRESSOR IS EQUAL TO THE WORK OUTPUT AT TURBINE?

Ans. U TELL....😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI

Hi i am Deepthi Sehrawat pursuing M.TECH(CS)
I’m writing a paper which highlights the developments in power electronics from the mid 20th century to date. This should include 1. History of power electronics, 2 developments in device...
Apple just released its new MacBook Pro with retina display. Those who haven't, may catch a glimpse of the new retina display explained the vice-president Jony Ive in the video...
Verizon is going to launch on June 28 its "Share Everything Plan" that share unlimited voice and texting across all the devices on a customer's account. People have already started...
NAME:​DATE OF BIRTH:​NATIONALITY:​ADDRESS:​ ​SEX:​CELL #:​e-mail:​SAAKIB, MOHAMMED ABDUL FAWZI 29th JAN. 1974 GHANAIAN BOX NT 487, NEWTOWN ACCRA, GHANA MALE 024 – 4274 229, 026 – 4274 229 Saakib.abdulfawzi@gmail.com fawzi_sm@yahoo.co.uk Education:...