Is it possible to get a LED light up at a different voltage ?

Currenly the LED is taking in 1 V.
Is it possible for the LED to take in a different voltage ?

How can i do that?

Replies

• shahrul
    shahrul
    Varies the voltage, not helpful so much. Can supply the LED with 1-2V.
    For varying the brightness, better use PWM supply to the LED.
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    LED's are like diodes but they drop higher voltage than a silicon diode.
    Different colored LED's use different voltages, and It's not safe to power the LED higher than it's rated voltage. If one needs to increase the voltage a current limiting resistor should be used in series with the LED.. Without it the LED will burn out if the voltage goes beyond it's forward bias voltage.
    If you need to vary the brilliance of a LED you have to use a PWM voltage. Changing the frequancy or the mark space ratio of the voltage will vary the brightness of the LED.
    Cheers
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I suppose you can use voltage limiters/regulators which will be input to your LED,which will help you indicate at instance of different voltage!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am doing ' lift control using PIC16F877A'. the connections have been made to the pic and a test program to make a LED blink is given. the LED blinks...
Hi all, I have some static data that is showed from Apache web server but I want to make accessibility limited to only one machine. Like if that data is...
CEans, The uninitiated will be pleased to know that Wolfram (Creators of Mathematica Software) are ready to launch the Wolfram Alpha ( called the 'answer engine' ). The official launch...
Hi seniors I m looking for my final year proj in networking. I was looking to make something new in fiber optics i thought of a new hyper speed lan...
Here's something for you - [youtube]qFb2rvmrahc[/youtube]