floating point at pins of microcontroller

i am doing ' lift control using PIC16F877A'. the connections have been made to the pic and a test program to make a LED blink is given. the LED blinks in a weird fashion.

i checked the voltage at the output pin for LED and its a floating value....is there any reason for this?? how do i solve the problem??

Replies

• shahrul
    shahrul
    What do you mean floating value?
    If turn 'ON' LED with high logic (5V), turn 'OFF' LED with low logic (0V), do a LED blinking offcourse the output voltage neither 0V nor 5V. The voltage is between 0-5V depends on your blinking duty cycle.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    If the blinking rate of the LED is very fast and you are using a normal multimeter to measure the port signal, the value you are reading is the Average of the fast on-off signal from the port. It is better to use an oscilloscope to do measurements.

-Karthik
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Can you please post your Circuit diagram so we can study it... there might be problem in software side.. can you post it also

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I have some static data that is showed from Apache web server but I want to make accessibility limited to only one machine. Like if that data is...
CEans, The uninitiated will be pleased to know that Wolfram (Creators of Mathematica Software) are ready to launch the Wolfram Alpha ( called the 'answer engine' ). The official launch...
Hi seniors I m looking for my final year proj in networking. I was looking to make something new in fiber optics i thought of a new hyper speed lan...
Here's something for you - [youtube]qFb2rvmrahc[/youtube]
This thread is specifically for student CEans. Discuss your plans. If you are running short of ideas; you'll find something here. Keep us updated.