Is any programming language required in system and network administration job?

Is there any programming language required in system and network administration?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Moved your post to a new discussion as it wasn't relevant in the previous thread.

I believe you are targeting a very broad topic here.
    If you are working with CCNA, as far as I know, you don't need any programming language.

For network engineers, knowing a scripting language is a must.
    You can learn Perl, Python and tcl/tk that will be useful for doing the automation.
    Shell: This is the language you have to know in order to be a sysadmin.
    You may also learn Ruby to do SDN and Cloud Orchestration.

It all depends on what kind of role, platform, domain you are working on.
    If you have some more specific questions, please go ahead and ask.
  • Neohacker
    Neohacker
    Thank you.
    I'm currently in 3rd year of my btech.
    I'm very confused between web design/development and system/networks.
    Can you guide me please.
    I'm interested in both of these.
    Is there anything which i can start to learn now and which help me in both of these. So i can decide later on which one to choose.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of students seem to be complaining that not many core domain companies in mechanical engineering visit for campus placements. I guess they restrict their visits only to top...
Hi. I am a student in Mapua Institute of Technology in the Philippines. I am taking up Computer Engineering. I would just like to ask if you guys know any...
I'm wondering how many of you would like to have two factor authentication on CrazyEngineers? Those who are not aware - it's a system that uses two pieces of information...
The Suvarnabhumi International Airport at Bangkok (Thailand) has topped the list of airports with fastest wi-fi networks. The Internet download speed averaged at 41.45 Mbps at the airport. The study...
hii... m currently doing BE.. in sem 5... E&C i cant really decide if i should join GATE coachings right now... or should i wait till graduation? i want to...