iPad Mini Price In India Is ~ Rs. 27k for 16 GB Model

Apple's launched iPhone 5 in India today priced at Rs. 45500. But the iPad mini might just provide some relief to everyone who's waiting for the tablet. The price of iPad mini in India is approximately Rs. 27,000 for the 16 GB model. The 7.9" tablet has a smaller form factor but specs wise it's at par with its competition.

At first, Apple laughed at the 7" form factor for the tablet, calling it 'too small' to be a tablet and too big to be a phone. However, after Steve Jobs, Tim Cook took over as CEO of Apple and clearly, he found more potential in the smaller sized tablet. Apple launched the iPad mini just a few days ago in the USA. Specs wise, iPad mini is just a smaller form factor but the battery-life and other hardware specifications are good.

iPad Mini's display however has received negative feedback from the reviewers all over the world. Some of the leading publications have called the display 'Inferior'. Plus it ships with iOS 6 out of the box - which has its own lot of issues. For example Apple's already apologised for the mess it created with the Maps. Also the Apple's personal digital assistant 'Siri' won't recognise Indian accent.

Looking at the price point Apple's set for the iPad mini, we can't call it on the 'lower side of the budget'. There are several tablets available in the market, including the Galaxy Tablet from Samsung around Rs. 20k. In the price sensitive markets, even difference of just a few hundred rupees can make lot of difference. Plus, Android is getting lot of popularity among the geek community in India over iOS.

Amazon recently made fun of the ipad-mini in their front page ad, comparing the specs with Kindle HD fire - which is available for a much cheaper price than Apple's gadget. It'd be interesting to follow how the Indian consumer base responds to iPad mini.

Tradus - one of the leading ecommerce portals in India is taking pre-orders of this new iPad-mini. It's listing 32GB Wi-Fi ( White and Silver ) at INR 34,990 and the 64 GB Wi-Fi model for pocket blasting Rs. 434450. I'm wondering how many of gadget fans here are willing to shell out truckload of money for iPad mini which offers nothing new, but a smaller form factor. This time, I really think it's going to be really tough for Apple to capture the Indian markets.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I think Nexus 7 is better than iPad Mini, even though Nexus is lagging behind in terms of front camera (5 MP of iPad v/s 1.2 MP Nexus7).
    iPad Mini using 1 year old processor, the same processor used in Tab 2. I mean seriously, this way you compete with Game killer "Nexus" ? Nexus 7 again beats iPad in terms of Processor.

Overall in my opinion, Nexus 10 > MS Surface > Kindle HD fire > Nexus 7 > iPad Mini.
    But Android > OS > Microsoft.
    So, equation changes to Nexus 7 > Kindle HD fire > iPad Mini. (Considering only mini tabs)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, yes - NEXUS 7 seems to be a better option than Kindle fire and so is Amazon's Kindle Fire HD. The only advantage iPad has is the 10 hour battery. I absolutely love devices with longer battery life. I'm wondering how's the battery backup of the Microsoft Surface.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Oh yeah, Apple Mini is using display manufactured by Samsung itself, one of Apple's fiercest rival.
    (Display driver IC reveals that)
    'till now Apple was known to use scrrens made by LG.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was bit surprised to see that Samsung's manufacturing the iPad mini displays. I thought it was SHARP that had the contract for a long time with Apple.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    I was bit surprised to see that Samsung's manufacturing the iPad mini displays. I thought it was SHARP that had the contract for a long time with Apple.
    Sharp's contract terminated a while ago I heard of it but no prominent news of it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im sooo Happy to be a member or as a part in crazyengineers...
i find difficulty in understanding the velocity triangles that we come across in turbo machines subject.. can any one explain what is the procedure for drawing velocity triangle??what are its...
What exactly is the difference between a rocket and a missile? Are they different or same?
Graduate in Electrical Engineering. Ceritifeied course in Industrial Automation Engineering. More than one year experience in switchgear indurty. But i am looking for job in an autmobile engine electricals department....