Images of the improved Transition® design are now available!

Terrafugia held a press conference today at AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin to unveil the next generation design of the Transition® street-legal airplane. The event, where a scale model was unveild, was well attended by the aviation community. Computer-generated images and video are now available online throughout #-Link-Snipped-#. The initial reactions to the new design have been overwhelmingly positive -- we hope you like it too!

Some of the features of the next generation design include:

• Automotive-style crash safety features including an energy absorbing crush structure in the nose of the vehicle and a rigid safety cage to protect the occupants.
  • A customized, intuitive touch-screen interface in the cockpit.
  • An improved wing with an optimized airfoil and a folding mechanism that operates smoothly & safely from inside the cockpit.
  • A pusher propller with an open empennage that makes efficient use of the 100 hp Rotax 912S mid-mounted engine in flight and is locked in place when driving.
    [*]Rear-wheel drive with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and tuned independed suspension for responsive road handling.
Updated specifications have also been released, and can be found online at #-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing a lot about Google Chrome Canary Build (still in Dev stage, but you can download it!) Lifehacker says - If you grab and install a Canary Build,...
CEans, Mohit Kumar (CEan mohit007kumar00) is one of the most active CEans on CrazyEngineers – He’s been instumental in keeping CE active and helping members with their technical, non-technical doubts....
Hi CEans, TUV SUD is a German company which checks the quality of the product for almost every brand.It actually is one of the or might be the best quality...
hello everyone ....in these summer i just completed my training in UNIGRAPHICS NX 7.0 and SOLID EDGE..and i have draw some drawings which i will submit as my project file...
hi, I am pursuing b.tech in electronics and communication engg. 3rd year, i want to start preparing for m.tech. I have an interest in microprocessors, microcontrollers,memory devices,etc. So what are...