IIIT Hyderabad Speech To SMS Technology Under Development

IIIT Hyderabad is developing a technology to convert voice commands into text messages. According to #-Link-Snipped-#report, the Ministry Of InfoTech is funding the research and project. The technology aims to make the lives of illiterate people easier. Those who can't read or write will be able to use mobile phones.

I'm not impressed. Voice to Text technology has existed since long time and Apple's Siri has taken it to newer heights.

What do you think?

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    According to me, Speech to SMS Technology would be helpful only to a Deaf person.

I think the fastest way for illiterate people to communicate would be to speak to each other in their comfortable language whether in person or on the phone. Unless and until an illiterate person has to send an Official SMS for some official matter, then this Technology would be really handy for that person.

Besides I hate this SMS thing, moreover the Free SMS packages. Some random friend of friend of friend sends you forward messages at midnight. Why? Because free messages activated on their card. 😡
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    The_Big_K
    IIIT Hyderabad is developing a technology to convert voice commands into text messages. According to #-Link-Snipped-#report, the Ministry Of InfoTech is funding the research and project. The technology aims to make the lives of illiterate people easier. Those who can't read or write will be able to use mobile phones.

I'm not impressed. Voice to Text technology has existed since long time and Apple's Siri has taken it to newer heights.

What do you think?
    Voice to Text technology has existed already, but illiterate people not able to use it right !!!

offcourse, they can use the existing technology and update it to be able use for their target.

anyways, let's hope for the better result.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Anoop *Engineering Trade: IT Location: Hyderabad *Occupation: Student (MS-Software Systems)/Working as software professional Work Experience: 81 993 600 Seconds and counting 😁 *Hobbies & Interests: Photography, Reading, movies, travel...
there is a movie named CRAZY https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401085/
Received following message via email from Amazon. Interesting new service, I must say! Dear Amazon Web Services Customer, We are excited to announce the immediate availability of Amazon DynamoDB, a...
Aakash seems to be really popular among the Indian consumerse. The CEO of DataWind, the company that manufactures Aakash tablets has said that while they estimated total market of about...
Final year student Sahil Baghla and second year student Ayush Varshney have founded Bluegape.com - a service that lets you order posters online in India. In the last 5 months,...