Bluegape - IIT Kanpur Student Startup - Order Posters Online In India

Final year student Sahil Baghla and second year student Ayush Varshney have founded Bluegape.com - a service that lets you order posters online in India. In the last 5 months, the company has sold over 5k posters all over India and now two more students from IIT have joined the team to make it successful.

Sahil says that the founders had difficulty in finding the posters of their choice and thought of filling the gap. They sent an email to all IIT K students through internal network and asked if they'd be interested in buying. The duo received a positive response from their friends and the service was launched. The team sold over 2k posters within IIT-K!

On bluegape.com, customers can either upload their own photographs or choose from the existing set of photographs available on the site. Each poster costs Rs. 100 plus Rs. 30 as shipping charge.

My thought: The idea isn't innovative, yet it solves the problem for most of the students looking to buy cool posters for their dorm rooms. One major problem I see however is the copyright associated with the images available on the site. I'm not sure how the team is handling it and if the company grows, the copyright could be an issue.

If the founders are reading this, we'd be keen to know their experience and how are they planning to grow the business. 😀

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    How hard is it to just to the nearest Internet Cafe / Photo Studio to get a poster printed out in whatever size on whatever kind of photographic paper / sheet ?
    I'm not impressed. 👎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm looking to learn MySQL. I'd appreciate suggestions on free ebooks to learn complete MySQL.
hi i am nikitha studying 2nd year BE ECE at andhra university vishakapatnam .... i wanted to know if there are any companies offering internships in my field.so please held...
Why is it sometimes so difficult to make people express their views / opinions? Is it the Shyness? Or lack of confidence? Or low self esteem? So how do you...
In any warfare, "taking cover" behind a strong support has been one of the most widely accepted defensive move. By taking cover, the enemy can't get you easily until you...
Which one is correct...... 1) How did you apply for it? How did you applied for it? 2) you didn't answer it. you didn't answered it. 3) Where we use...