How to use rar files without having winRAR?

Actually I have a rar file
but there is no winRAR on the system

there is win ZIP on this computer

Can anyone tell how to use this file now as it is not opening currently
Please if anyone can tell it urgently?
Thanks

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    use 7 zip software..it will easily open it...
  • Mohit parnami
    Mohit parnami
    i have loaded 2012 through torrent , its an rar file ....n i dont have winrar too.....so plzz tell me how to run that movie....
    thanx....
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Mohit parnami
    i have loaded 2012 through torrent , its an rar file ....n i dont have winrar too.....so plzz tell me how to run that movie....
    thanx....
    have you tried 7zip?????????
    I am also currently using it.............i am sure it will open it
  • gohm
    gohm
    There are multiple programs that can open rar files as well as many others. You are correct that Winzip cannot open those. If you do an internet search for "opening rar files" you should find several to select from.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mohit parnami
    thanx....
    Don't you think that's illegal?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Ya Biggie it is what we call supporting piracy
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    7zip is better than winrar in usability & variety of options.
    but winrar provides higher compression % than 7zip.
    There are many softwares for file compression, but for much higher compression you need very fast processors, like that of mainframe computers.
    I have heard that in some sites there are compressed movies which are compressed to 1mb from 700Mbs. You can download it fast, but in it will take 4 days to uncompress it.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    check this out -----
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I'd like to bring your attention to a possibly fraud company. eSpot Digital and CE agreed for promotion of Nokia phones through CE and they had agreed for a...
Source: Mukesh Ambani tops Forbes' India rich list - Yahoo! India News The head of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani, is once again the wealthiest person in India. His net worth...
Can anybody tell how to install cygwin on windows xp? Please tell what are the steps involved? I have downloaded the setup.exe from the cygwin.com but now for the installation...
Has anyone noticed that popular gadget blog - Engadget is now displaying a message "What's next is coming now. Stay close." on all of its pages. Any clue what's coming?
How digital gas flowmeter works and how it can be fabricated?