How many of you have planted a tree in last 1 year?

We all talk about going green and express our fake concern over the global warming. Everyone knows that planting trees can be a huge step in controlling climate control. But I think we are just all words and no action.

I wish to know how many of us have planted at least ONE tree in the last one year?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm.. I did not really plant any, but I do adopt abandoned office desk plants and take care of them. Once they look well nourished I end up giving them away to others.
    Back in India, the committee in charge of place where we stayed took up initiative to grow one plant for every house.
    Other than plants, I already carry a reusable bag with me, so as to avoid plastic usage and put all the unwanted plastics in the plastic recycle bins and don't use Air conditioner unnecessarily. We have the use the normal fans instead.

For everyone in general,
    Carbon emissions can be reduced not only tree plantations, they can be reduced by using energy properly as well. To produce 1KW per hour of energy app 3gms of carbon is emitted. Efficient usage of power will in turn reduce the carbon foot print. Efficient includes - turning off the lights when not needed, using energy efficient lights and making use of sunlight as much as we can.
    Also, older electric appliances as well end up consuming more power . Do check for energy efficiency readings before you buy any electronic good.

Sharing means of transportation as well reduces the amount of energy we use up. For eg in Australia, a single 8 wagon train can take off app 600 cars from the roads.

As Big K as already mentioned, all talks and no words wont take us anywhere,- even small steps would make a huge difference
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have planted a plant at my house 4 years back it was a lemon tree and now it is giving some 20-30 lemons ๐Ÿ˜€
    I have planted some other plant I dont know its name last rainy season , it is growing well.

Next as Durga mentioned I use energy efficient devices lights, fans and Fridge at my home!
    The only thing I am doing to spoil the environment is using my bike to commute to office that can be avoided if I travel through Train!
    I cannot commit but I shall try for that ๐Ÿ˜€

And.. I donot have a AC at home and at office I donot have control over that ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Way to go Durga approaching 2k ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i didn't plant trees ๐Ÿ˜” but planted two shrubs in the common area of the apartment i live in... something that i can do.๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For B.Tech (4 years) Course Aerospace Engineering Applied Mechanics Biotechnology Chemical Engineering Civil Engineering Computer Science and Engineering Electrical Engineering Engineering Design Mechanical Engineering Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Ocean Engineering...
For B.Tech (4 years) Course Chemical Engineering Civil Engineering Earthquake Engineering Electrical Engineering Electronics and Computer Engineering Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Paper Technology Do you know...
I was a complete supporter of "Entrepreneurs are made, not born" thing; however, as my experience & observation grows, I see that entrepreneurs are born, not made. Entrepreneurship is not...
I'm sure there are lot of CAT 2010 takers over here. I welcome all of you to start contributing your tips & strategy for CAT 2010 preparation. What do you...
A Stranger in Paradise The Story of an extraordinary Civil Servant- By Achala Moulik A Text book of Surveying โ€“ By C L Kochher A Water Harvesting Manual for Urban...