Help needed in the subject Advanced Computer Architecture..

"The trends in computer technology indicate that bandwidth improves much more rapidly than latency." Substantiate.

How can I substantiate this?? Please help me out as soon as possible.. I need the help of Faculty too.. 😕

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think this intenet bandwith history - Google Searchwill help you..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Well, In my opinion, bandwidth improves much more rapidly as in computer Hardware industry, with the advent of new communication such as coaxial cables, optical fiber cables ,bandwidth increases rapidly, the latency improvement is also there but with increasing number of connections (continuous explosion of web) it is being countered, the latency improvement is a daunting task, it depends on many other factors like span of network, speed across the path chosen, response time of server being accessed(eg if u r accessing a website and server not responding fast enough, you will feel lag in data being transmitted). So for increasing bandwidth only requirement is wider spectrum(or faster network), but for reducing latency, things are not so simple.
    PS: Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere.
  • Beginner
    Beginner
    Thank you so much for the reply.. #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Though this may be considered a biomedical device the project is all electronics. May be useful as a major project or minor (I am out of sync with current syllabi)...
This post is aimed at discussing the problem of sustainability that every entrepreneur faces. Let me explain the 'sustainability' to those who don't get it. When a venture starts, it's...
does any one have a deeper idea about the chemistry involved in the oil and gas refining processes.. i do know it is lot of process control and production but...
Forgive me not having read through the fine print in the rules sections, but I see what I'm seeking as fairly harmless. Obviously if I'm in the wrong, mods please...
can any one tell that, to what extent a file can store in the windows?(i.e.what is the max capacity of a file to store the data)