Help, am i getting the right battery ??

Hello,

I have a small dc motor which runs on a 12v battery which is 12v 0.8Ah and is a sealed lead acid unit. Is this the same/equivalent as 800mAh ? I mean 0.8Ah = 800mAh ??

Here is a link to the exact battery i was using....
#-Link-Snipped-#

Now the reason im posting this thread is because i left the battery idle for about 3 years and now after i tried charging it and testing it with a multimeter it showed only 10.49v. I dont know if the battery is dead or it will still work. I wanted to buy a spare replacement. I was planning to buy a NiMh battery pack like this...
#-Link-Snipped-#

Will this work as it seems to be 1300mAh. So is this actually 1.3Ah and will it have any difference when compared to the first battery i was using or will it output the same voltage and i can expect my motor to run the same way. I think 1300mAh will only be better having more storage capacity ? Or am i wrong ?

Thanks

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I have a small dc motor which runs on a 12v battery which is 12v 0.8Ah and is a sealed lead acid unit. Is this the same/equivalent as 800mAh ? I mean 0.8Ah = 800mAh ??
    Yeah, 0.8Ah and 800mAh is same thing.

and As you told that new battery is 12V/1300mAh So it has the more current then your previous battery. As new battery has higher current ratings it will give you more running time as compare to previous battery. but remember same way it will take more time to charge. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The ultimate recipe to Control your PC from your Android Ingredients: PC Android phone Unified remote android app Unified remote PC app Wi-fi Recipe: The Unified Remote app for Android...
Here is a simple article about Entrepreneurs produced by IITs https://www.livemint.com/2012/04/09150248/Views--The-IIT-game-changers.html?h=A1 Your views please.
Instagram, the most popular iOS app for sharing photos through mobile has been acquired by Facebook for cool $1billion in a combination of cash and stocks. That now brings us...
I was wondering what'd save more cost in the kitchen: Matchsticks or the gas lighter. My quick analysis tells me that contradictory to the belief that lighter is just 'one...
I recently presented a Paper in the IEEE Paper Presentation competition in the technical fest of our Institute and won the 1st Prize for it. It is based on a...