IIT Game Changers- Who are they?

Here is a simple article about Entrepreneurs produced by IITs #-Link-Snipped-#

Your views please.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks for sharing.
    The statement in the article : 'It may be worthwhile for some researcher to investigate why the IITs have been far more successful in this regard than the IIMs.' should be taken into account. There is no statistics to support it right now.
    But, I believe entrepreneurship is a lot about creativity. And who better than engineers would have it?
    IIT or NIT pass-outs have two things that they can en-cash -
    1. Great Alumni Network
    2. Technical Background
    The combination of this both multiplied with entrepreneurial spirit helps them in the long run.

India needs tech-preneurs NOW more than ever. So, this is definitely a good signal.

PS:
    like Suhas Patil, perhaps the first IITian to make it big on his own in Silicon Valley; Arjun Malhotra, co-founder of the HCL Group of companies; Vinod Gupta, founder of InfoUSA and friend of Bill Clinton; and Harish Hande, who won the Magasasay Award last year for his work with solar energy in rural India. The authors have also included the outliers, people one does not usually associate with the IITs, like activist Arvind Kejriwal, SPIC MACAY founder Kiran Seth, and Sam Dalal, who set up Funtime Innovations, the world’s largest supplier of self-created products for magicians.
    Potential People for CE-Small Talk. ☕ Updating my list.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    That's the reason I want to be in IIT than IIM.

Moreover, many business school believe that their ranking will go high if they show more number of placements. They are basically forgetting that they are B-schools and not institutions for producing clerks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder what role did IITs play in turning students into entrepreneurs. Or it's just that people who'd have become entrepreneurs anyway just happened to study at IIT?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    I wonder what role did IITs play in turning students into entrepreneurs. Or it's just that people who'd have become entrepreneurs anyway just happened to study at IIT?
    I believe it is the latter.
    Institutions can't build entrepreneurs. They could however act as platforms for building the right kind of teams.
    Dream-team for an idea. 😍
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Can't say. But let us say it is less costly (feasible) to implement an innovation in agriculture than to tie a turban and start farming. 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Can't say. But let us say it is less costly (feasible) to implement an innovation in agriculture than to tie a turban and start farming. 😉
    Explain, please.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    It is an example-
    It is rather easier for a start-up to be innovative than to set-up a factory. I cannot start manufacturing automobiles from day 1 but can bring an innovation in automotive industry from to drive it ahead.

Same is for other sectors. It is hence fruitful to have technical background (IIT) than business background (IIM).

...Well there are some exception always.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Instagram, the most popular iOS app for sharing photos through mobile has been acquired by Facebook for cool $1billion in a combination of cash and stocks. That now brings us...
I was wondering what'd save more cost in the kitchen: Matchsticks or the gas lighter. My quick analysis tells me that contradictory to the belief that lighter is just 'one...
I recently presented a Paper in the IEEE Paper Presentation competition in the technical fest of our Institute and won the 1st Prize for it. It is based on a...
Hello CEans, Total 15 valid Nomination was there for contest and we have opened voting thread to get the best CE- Signature. Finally voting ends and as you can see...
Suppose I have a page in which there are lots of fields like name,age,suggestion etc as a textbox. Now I want to sent these field to any email address directly...