Have You Changed After Watching 3 Idiots Movie?

For those who haven't seen the movie, here's the message that the movie gives via an interesting story and plot -

Chase Excellence, Success Will Follow.

Storyline in short:

The protagonist (Aamir Khan) is one of the three best engineering college buddies from Imperial College Of Engineering (ICE) - one of the best engineering colleges in Nation. The fourth character, Chatur Ramlingam is a typical 'class topper' who 'mugs up' subjects and scores great marks in exams - to become the model student of ICE.

Aamir Khan stresses that he's into engineering because he's passionate about machines and that's the reason he's opted for engineering. His passion for engineering subjects fetches him top ranks in college. He stresses this fact to his friends, who are like any regular students who end up into engineering as 'short-cuts to job world'.

Few events in the college led to rivalry between Chatur Ramlingam and these three best friends and a bet to excel in their career. Chatur challenges three friends to meet at college, 10 years after graduation.

As other events unfold, the movie ends with the main message in the movie - Chase Excellence, Success Will Follow.

The movie being the biggest blockbuster in Bollywood attracted several 'repeat' audience.

I wonder whether this movie touched you and has affected your life in any way. Do you agree with the message?

IF YES,

1. Are you into engineering because it's your passion?
2. If answer to question #1 is yes, what have you done 'out of your syllabus' that is related to engineering (e.g. developed a project of your own, solved problems, learned an engineering subject not a part of curriculum etc.)

Share your views.

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i've stopped studying...........................lol............ jokes apart, a nice story with a very fine direction............ the scene of 'I QUIT' really touched the heart.............
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lovejeet
    i've stopped studying...........................lol............ jokes apart, a nice story with a very fine direction............ the scene of 'I QUIT' really touched the heart.............
    Yes, it's a nice movie and all time record breaker in Bollywood.

But, has it 'changed' you in any way?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The_Big_K
    For those who haven't seen the movie, here's the message that the movie gives via an interesting story and plot -

Chase Excellence, Success Will Follow.

Storyline in short:

The protagonist (Aamir Khan) is one of the three best engineering college buddies from Imperial College Of Engineering (ICE) - one of the best engineering colleges in Nation. The fourth character, Chatur Ramlingam is a typical 'class topper' who 'mugs up' subjects and scores great marks in exams - to become the model student of ICE.

Aamir Khan stresses that he's into engineering because he's passionate about machines and that's the reason he's opted for engineering. His passion for engineering subjects fetches him top ranks in college. He stresses this fact to his friends, who are like any regular students who end up into engineering as 'short-cuts to job world'.

Few events in the college led to rivalry between Chatur Ramlingam and these three best friends and a bet to excel in their career. Chatur challenges three friends to meet at college, 10 years after graduation.

As other events unfold, the movie ends with the main message in the movie - Chase Excellence, Success Will Follow.

The movie being the biggest blockbuster in Bollywood attracted several 'repeat' audience.

I wonder whether this movie touched you and has affected your life in any way. Do you agree with the message?

IF YES,

1. Are you into engineering because it's your passion?
    2. If answer to question #1 is yes, what have you done 'out of your syllabus' that is related to engineering (e.g. developed a project of your own, solved problems, learned an engineering subject not a part of curriculum etc.)

Share your views.
    Biggie this is a very good movie but in real life there will be no impact on me because we feel while seeing and just let it go and we will be back to our routine life and the situations around us will not encourage us to a change.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    seriously saying, it didn't affected me much, but just the way i used to study.......... now i m a bit practical kind of guy................
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I am not saying it SHOULD affect. Just wondering if it's affected anyone ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but i dont think its going because we had economic subjects in electrical group what is need i dont understand why they added it
    i am feeling tough in that subjects
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Well....it didn't literally changed anything, but yes the view towards practical implementation is changed. The thing that has been emphasized in movie is well known to most of people and that is the problem of Indian education system.
    But yes the movie taught to think more about understanding rather than just mugging up things.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    *Going with our passion* should be the tag line of the movie!

So, to go with passion I guess few of us already started by participating in CE! and 3I just added some more fuel!

But the fire called passion is already built in *me* through CE and its growing day-by-day so once I do something I will let you know! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    narayana murthy
    but i dont think its going because we had economic subjects in electrical group what is need i dont understand why they added it
    i am feeling tough in that subjects
    I guess you didn't get my point. I am only asking, has anyone stepped out of their curriculum to do something on their own. For example, has anyone tried to mod their home inverter or motorcycle just out of interest? I'm more focusing on DIY (Do It Yourself) projects.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    I guess you didn't get my point. I am only asking, has anyone stepped out of their curriculum to do something on their own. For example, has anyone tried to mod their home inverter or motorcycle just out of interest? I'm more focusing on DIY (Do It Yourself) projects.
    I have done some sort of electrical design for my home!

1. Putting a web came at the door
    2. Tried modifying my bike to place motors (Its not completed though)
    3. Using the small DC motors available in cars (toy) to create some small machine like structures ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ E-S: No wonder you're CE's 'Mod' ๐Ÿ‘ .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ES: That is simply awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€

Watching the movie 3 Idiots and the message it gave: "Run towards excellence, success will definitely come after you" is something that has stuck with me ever since.
    I started believing MORE in originality and how being creative and innovative yields success. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Another point that is ignored from the movie is where Aamir Khan tells the Dean of the Academy to stop the gradation system. The one who comes first will sit in the front and the one doesn't get good marks has to sit in the back.
    It creates divide among the students.

The movie has also made a mass appeal to students of not being 'pressure cookers'. We have to enjoy every subject as a new learning experience. Learning/Reading for the sake of getting good marks puts pressure on the brain and the brain starts working like a 'pressure cooker'.

I love the movie '3 Idiots'. Hats off to the Director: Raju Hirani who pulled out the story and the character casting so well! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    English-Scared
    3. Using the small DC motors available in cars (toy) to create some small machine like structures ๐Ÿ˜€
    I still remember the days of my 9th class, when we had used these motors in our science project where we had shown impact of pollution on nature
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    After seeing the way, Aamir has thrown a light of the Indian Education, the way of education is not right or not updated. For Eg., our final year in the school or college, deals with Windows 98, where now Windows 8 is scheduled to be released soon. This is the pathetic situation of the Indian Academics / Education. Moreover, the academicians are good in theoretical and merely ok with the practical stuff. Practical knowledge is really important and should be encouraged.

My part? Bringing into the students and users, something with which they can get practical knowledge, like may be, I am currently working on a Virtual University kinda stuff, which makes people to be online to be in the class, thereby making them practically using the computer and know apps like Citrix, SMP and also understand technologies like remote desktop and VNC. Finally, with examples, and quizzes with prizes announced, will make people to try them out. They not only get rewards but also the experience to work practically by themselves and achieve something, which this Indian Education didn't give us!

So, is my idea good or what is your suggestions in improving this???
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I entered college and take Civil engineering course even though I have no interest or passion to it.
    But because of the movie "3 idiots" I"ve been interested to learn lot of things about being Civil.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    maria flor
    I entered college and take Civil engineering course even though I have no interest or passion to it.
    But because of the movie "3 idiots" I"ve been interested to learn lot of things about being Civil.
    Wow, that's impressive! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Above question was asked to fashion show finalists at an engineering college that I attended yesterday. Without fail, about 70% candidates answered that, "Even if we don't have good marks...
I am facing some problem in a sql query here is the scenario I have 6 tables, where one of them is parent table and other are child table Primary...
Hi all, I always wondered about the small cylindrical shaped thing in the end of laptop charging cable, mouse/keyboard cable etc...I thought it would be for some protection or something....
How can i add links in my signatures? Everyone is using but i can't ๐Ÿ˜•
i have done my engineering in computer sceince and now i was thinking of mphil..... i want a post graduation course that gives good package but is not that hard.........