Harlan, A Language For GPU Programming Released.

A declarative programming language for GPU Programming,GitHub - eholk/harlan: A language for GPU computing. has been released by the Indiana's University researcher. eholk (Eric Holk) 路 GitHub worked on this project for two long years & finally released the work publicly.

The Harlan is designed to work very close to the hardware of the GPU, making it very effective programming language for the GPUs. The syntax of the Harlan is based on LISP Programming language.Harlan can be compiled with openCL, even though being closed to hardware, this programming language can also use higher language like Python.
The Harlan helps the developers use the GPU by triggering it to carry out the regular job while Harlan takes care of GPU programming task.The language have support for higher-order procedure,a functional programming language feature.

The language is available in GitHub for free alongwith documentation : GitHub - eholk/harlan: A language for GPU computing.

You'd love to read about Mozilla's Rust 0.7 Programming language Released. ,the similar programming language used by developers to create program-suite for internal hardwares.

News source : New programming language makes turning GPUs into supercomputers a snap | ExtremeTech

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Karbonn Titanium S9 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 19,990. The Titanium S9 makes an interesting launch from Karbonn mobiles and the timing of the...
Stella, which is Latin for 'Star' is the product of The Solar Team Eindhoven (STE) of TU/e in the Netherlands. Glorified as the world's first solar-powered family car, Stella is...
If 'and' can be written as '&', why can't we replace the word 'the' with 袐, asks Australian restauranteur, Paul Mathis. He's invented a new symbol to represent the most...
Samsung seems to be pushing the hardware to limits and the latest rumor about Galaxy Note III is that the phablet will have a whooping 3GB of memory (RAM). Korean...
I didn't knew, but just today CEan told me that in Tamilnadu, there is Anti-Hindi movement. 馃槻 I am a patriotic guy, I firmly believe that each & every Indian...