HACH COMPANY Expands Deployment of SDL Global Information Management and DITA Technol

Manufacturer and distributor of instruments for water quality testing capitalizes on business benefits after first year of deployment
SDL Maidenhead - UK, 15th April 2009
SDL, the leading provider of Global Information Management (GIM) solutions, announced today that HACH COMPANY is expanding its deployment of SDL WorldServerâ„¢ Translation Management System and adopting the #-Link-Snipped-#, in order to move to a structured authoring process with DITA, the XML standard for technical writing.
HACH COMPANY manufactures and distributes analytical instruments and reagents used to test the quality of water and other aqueous solutions. In 2008, to drive down the costs of translation, HACH deployed the hosted SDL WorldServer solution. Based on significant success in the first year in reducing the cost of translations, HACH is expanding its deployment by bringing SDL WorldServer on-premise.
To further complement productivity gains already achieved in localization, the documentation team is now also standardizing upstream authoring processes by adopting a structured authoring methodology with DITA. Driven by a new matrix documentation process and the need to leverage content across products and business units, the HACH team is in the process of moving to DITA and topic-based authoring. The HACH team has selected SDL Trisoft Component Content Management (CCM) system for its strong out-of-the-box DITA capabilities and the out-of the-box tight integration with SDL’s GIM technologies.
“SDL’s GIM technologies have become strategic to our product development in allowing us to launch a product globally, rather than taking a phased launch approach”, said Matt Roberts, Director Engineering Services of HACH COMPANY.
“We are significantly reducing our time to global markets, and are achieving economies of scale not possible before in our processes for managing global content.”
“We are pleased to support HACH’s ambitious goals in accelerating the delivery of products and information to global markets“, said Sophie Hurst, Director of Product Marketing at SDL. “HACH has been visionary in understanding how to leverage technology to gain efficiencies in the end-to-end process of providing global content to customers.”
To read an SDL Trisoft whitepaper titled “Dare I Do DITA Without a CMS?” please go to #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft's Office team has officially announced a Service Pack 2 for Office 2007, which adds some speed, reliability, and printing improvements across the board. The major new new thing? Native......
I have been trying to solve this issue for a while now and have finally caved in to ask for some help. Can someone give me some advice on how...
error : package does not exist when i try to import one pakage into other package .But actually package exist.what to do?
Hi, is there any mechanical engineer here, who has either worked, read, or done some project related to Plastic injection molding. I'm currently working with a plastics manufacturing company, but...
​ It's kind of strange that the most anticipated sample media from the latest crop of DSLRs is actually HD video, but that's the way the market's going, and the...