Limitation of Tri-Axis Accelerometer?

I have been trying to solve this issue for a while now and have finally caved in to ask for some help. Can someone give me some advice on how to do the following?

*Note: The only forces acting on the accelerometer will be gravity (so, in a static context)

1) Will the accelerometer, when placed on an incline, respond in a way that allows me to detect rotation about that incline? (so rotation about an axis defined by the incline)
It is easy to determine the rotation about the X & Y provided that the accelerometer is vertical or horizontal. But, I am having trouble picturing the forces on the accelerometer when it is on an incline.

2) If the accelerometer is not limited by question 1, can someone give me advice on how to calculate the rotation about the incline?
As of now, I am using arctan(AZ/AX). However, if the accelerometer is tilted in the X direction, it will affect the rotation (even though it is what I want!)

3) What other devices should I look into to achieve what I am looking for?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

error : package does not exist when i try to import one pakage into other package .But actually package exist.what to do?
Hi, is there any mechanical engineer here, who has either worked, read, or done some project related to Plastic injection molding. I'm currently working with a plastics manufacturing company, but...
​ It's kind of strange that the most anticipated sample media from the latest crop of DSLRs is actually HD video, but that's the way the market's going, and the...
It is well-known that for images, symmetric wavelets have some advantages, does anyone know what they are and why? And is CDF 97 a symmetric filter?
Earlier today The Business Insider reported that CNN may have acquired the massively popular CNNbrk Twitter account, which is currently in a heated race with Ashton Kutcher to attain 1...