guidance required please

๐Ÿ˜•Hey can anyone guide me as to what should be my future course of action,I have given my final semester exams from mumbai university & waiting for my results.My agg is just above 55 with a 1st class(probably) in my last year.I am planning to join a training program conducted by a software firm on ".NET,PHP & MYSQL,AJAX",fees is 15000,duration is 180 hrs,they will be providing an experience certificate too.
The other option I am thinking about is CCNA/MCITP,as I feel networking is a relatively secure job.
Please advice & sorry for the long post.๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi chiru,

You can never say what is secure job wise or not but you can do magics if you are working in your own area of interests so I would say if you have interest in Networking and stuff or anything else. Go for it. Look stuff for it only. There is no harm in joining other training programs also. The more you know, more it is good.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Chiru,
    These programs will teach you those no doubt - But I dont see whats stopping you to learn and pick up those technologies yourselves!! Heres what you should be doing -

1. Before reacting to what the market can offer you, first look at yourself and see what you can offer to the market. What are your strengths? Do you like networking? Are you good at writing algorithms, going deep into problems and solving them analytically? Focus on your strengths, take up the career that is around those strengths.
    2. Ask yourself this question - "What do I want to do?". Introspection is the first step to your problem Chiru, and theres no escaping to that. If you dont answer this question and move on to do the next thing that comes your way, then 5 years down the line you will yourself asking the question - "What am I doing?!??". Trust me, you dont want to be doing that ๐Ÿ˜€

Chiru, the answer lies within, do what you love to do and dont react to the market. Remember an ideal job is -
    What you love to do + what you are good at + what you get paid for
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    Hey Shalini & Kidakaka thanks for your replies.As you said that it is best i select the field of my interest,but i am confused as to if i follow my heart then it should prove to be a bad decision in the current job market conditions.My preference slightly bends towards programming(which may be due to the fact that i don't know much about networking field),which is down at the moment.Hence,was thinkin about networking which it seems is relatively doing better.
    Also i would like to know what the nature of both the types of jobs are,w.r.t the growth curve,payment,security,money required to be pumped in for keeping ourselves in topnotch shape,competition,etc.
    I JUST WANNA MAKE AN INFORMED CHOICE THAT'S ALL.Eagerly waiting for a reply.๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey chiru, what is INFORMD CHOICE ๐Ÿ˜• ? Read kidakaka Sir's post carefully. All your queries will be answered. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    By informed choice i mean making a choice after considering all the pros & cons.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chiru: First of all, pay attention to what Kidakaka said in his post.

,but i am confused as to if i follow my heart then it should prove to be a bad decision in the current job market conditions.
    It seems to me that you rely on the information you get from your friends; who are equally clueless as you are. Don't mind my words; I'm only trying to make you aware of your current situation.

Who in the world knows market conditions? Remember the days you opted for Computer Engineering, four years ago? At that time 'Computer Engineering' was hot because everyone with a computer certificate was in demand - no matter what they actually knew. But now, there are no jobs and suddenly the demand for computer engineering has gone down. I've been closely observing admission procedures this year. So I know.

You are a computer engineer. If you haven't, you should spend time finding what you are passionate about - not what you like. If you think 'programming' gives you real pleasure, ask yourself this question : Have I ever wrote a computer program on my own? Have I ever tried to solve tough computer programming challenges all by my own, out of curiosity & interest? Have I ever thought of or worked on a coding project just because I 'like' programming? If your answer is no - you know, 'programming' is not your interest.

But then, you might say, I'm not passionate about anything! I just went to college because everyone does to get a job after completing four years. It's ok too! It's never too late to find out what you are passionate about. Maybe you should give some good time to yourself and figure out whether it's networking or programming that you can do; or develop interest in over a longer period of time? If you are unaware of the networking field, go search the Internet, ask questions to others, be shameless if you have to, to get the information you want. Find out if it's really interesting!

While you actively try to get more information - you will automatically realize what you should be doing.

".NET,PHP & MYSQL,AJAX",
    I've known a 14 year kid from Italy who's PHP, MYSQL, AJAX, JS expert - and he learned it all by himself. Remember - the interviewer is not going to get impressed by your Rs.15,000/- certificate; but he/she will only be interested in knowing whether you fit his/her own team [which includes your technical knowledge, your behavior etc.]. To tell you from my own experience, no matter how many coaching classes you join; you never get the same amount of knowledge you get by learning on your own.

Also i would like to know what the nature of both the types of jobs are,w.r.t the growth curve,payment,security,money required to be pumped in for keeping ourselves in topnotch shape,competition,etc.
    I seriously believe you should stop listening to your friends and get a better friend circle. Simply speaking, it's foolish to talk about it unless you have a job - for every job; the parameters are different.

In the end; I'm sure you aren't very happy to see the responses here ๐Ÿ˜ . We want you to think and make a well informed choice.
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    Thank you all for the valuable comments.I know it is all for the better.Cheers
  • inform
    inform
    I think networking is good
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    HEY inform may i plz know on what basis are you making such a comment??IT IS GOOD IN WHAT TERMS PLZ ENUMERATE.
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    ๐Ÿ˜ŽCHEERS๐Ÿ˜
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    ๐Ÿ˜ŽAN EMPTY MIND IS A DEVILS WORKSHOP SO GO BEHIND THE MIND & YOU WILL FIND GOD'S WORKSHOP:grin:
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    Meditate meditate meditate(meditation = awareness + relaxation)
  • inform
    inform
    chiru2218
    HEY inform may i plz know on what basis are you making such a comment??IT IS GOOD IN WHAT TERMS PLZ ENUMERATE.

many companies are outsourcing their networking management in india which implies great demand and bright future.Also I have one example from my neighbour who chose networking and is very happy and prosperous.I must tell you he was not ery bright student of his time.hope your doubts are cleared..๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • chiru2218
    chiru2218
    Thnx for the reply INFORM.
    What certification has your neighbour done,experience,stress for him,company,graduation,etc.
    BUT is networking currently a good choice OVER development,i wanna decide that,been confused for over one & a half months now,met networking teachers also.BUT it seems to me that the growth in this field is highly dependent on certifications,& is slow as compared to development.Also if the job is easy then competition will be more too won't it??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I know many of our CEan work in famouse MNC's and Firm. we know if we are working in an organization/Team/group then we require organizational behavioure. we know we require...
Hi, I am a final year engineering student.My specification is Electronics and Telecommunication. I want some project ideas for final year. Can someone give me some ideas for the same....
Hello colleagues! this is one idea i been come up last days, i am an electronics engineer from mexico, and i become to the conclusion that there's nothing like a...
can anyone tell me what are thethings we need to know in computer before beginning an it engineering๐Ÿ˜•
Here I goes... This is an initiative taken by CNA (Crazy Nocturnal association) members - Just another group who is generally online at night too ..๐Ÿ˜ and would love to...