Concepts of Management.

I know many of our CEan work in famouse MNC's and Firm.
we know if we are working in an organization/Team/group then we require organizational behavioure.
we know we require management for every thing even for controlling projects of IT and electronics their is a team is made (if i am right ).so , and most of us are from science background ,many of us not have MBA degree arent you felling boring !!πŸ˜’ hoo! dont be bored .i am going to post what it called as MNAGMENT (in contax of business.)

Rules of posting :
1) do not use SMS language .( if you want to use then go check this thread:#-Link-Snipped-#
2) do not spam.
3)Respect all CEan.
and yes any one can participate . any comment please well come .
(I am copying some of main content from my 12 class part I buseness studies book. )

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    First post go here,
    Management : we here in our day to day job place and in studies.
    what is management ?
    In layman language management is Process of getting things done by people getting things done by the people working in a group/team/organization in order to achieve some objective .
    According to harold Koontz and Heinz Weihrich
    Management is the process of designing and maintaining an environment in which individual , working together in groups , efficiently accomplish selected aims.
    When we talk about management we should also understand its related component ie. Process ,Efectively and efectiveness.
    Process
    it is related to primary function like inventing something , or project or like coding or designing in IT. or let it be work to achieve some thing .it is activities that management perform to get things done.for eg. in business it is like Planning, Organising,staffing,directing, and controlling.we management student call it in short form POSDC.
    Effectively
    it is normally finishing work on time. Being effective we mean finishing or accomplishing the task.In short words it is concerned with end result.

Efficiency
    Bye efficiency we mean doing the task or finishing the task correctly with minimum resources. it is related with input output in business. but if we take real time like for software engineers efficiency we means short code. or such technique that use short code and do more work. for electronical engineer we mean inventing such thing which use less electricity or resources and perform good work. for example a bulb which we were using before and now a lead which we are now using which use 10% of energy then bulb.
    this what we call efficency yah, i also forgot efficiency also we means that finishing task early then standerd time with proper output.

Next post of tommorow will be Cherecteristics of Management .
    😁😁

(Moderators please edit it if require ).
  • safwan
    safwan
    So Today's post is dedicated to Features of management.πŸ˜€

Management is a goal -oriented process
    Management is goal oriented process. we know any organization that come into existence with some objectives or goal . As our CE has many goal and our administratore as well work for it.here is the link #-Link-Snipped-#

like same way management has some goal to be achieve software eng. manages their activities in order to get solve and develop their client problem's solution and making better software. In same way Management do some activities like POSDC (already given full form in above post) .

Management is all pervasive
    what manager of USA does is the same as manager of INDIA do. it may be method of doing it may be quite different but their achievement will be same. As HR manager of Infosys do same work as HR manager of ORacle.what software engineers do in USA and UK are do same in INDIA (ways of developing software)but it differers due to technology and traditions or laws and regulations.

management is continues process
    Management is continues process . it start with planning and continue till controlling.this functions are continually performed by all managers . like SDLC software eng. perform this functions simentaneously.

Management is group activities
    Management have to be performed where more then one person or more then one activities are involved.hence it is group activity which all together archive some output.πŸ˜€
    management is dynamic function
    Management is dynamic function it has to be change as per requirement. Like if we want to use database then we have to use latest database rather old one.It has to change as per pertaining situation.πŸ˜‰

Management is an intangible force.
    It is intangible force we can feel the management but we cannot see it or touch it.πŸ˜‰

Next post will be Objectives of Management.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi safwan,

Just two questions

What kind of technologies, laws or regulations a company should incorporate in it so that one cannot say "What s/w engineers do in India is done in USA but it only lacks technologies". Should it be the responsibility of management to do so? If so how they should do so? Please make it clear. πŸ˜•

Other than database updation what else should management change in its functioning as you said it is a "dynamic function". What benefits one get doing so?

I am not clear about continuous proces πŸ˜• Why it is called so? I guess as it is dynamic or should keep on changing right? Please make it clear.

Thanks a ton !
  • safwan
    safwan
    shalini_goel14
    Hi safwan,

Just two questions

What kind of technologies, laws or regulations a company should incorporate in it so that one cannot say "What s/w engineers do in India is done in USA but it only lacks technologies". Should it be the responsibility of management to do so? If so how they should do so? Please make it clear. πŸ˜•

Other than database updation what else should management change in its functioning as you said it is a "dynamic function". What benefits one get doing so?

I am not clear about continuous proces πŸ˜• Why it is called so? I guess as it is dynamic or should keep on changing right? Please make it clear.

Thanks a ton !
    Good questions shallini
    your first question : it was my own example like Internet explorer which comes free with windows is not allowed in European Union (if i am correct). this is law of EU,Regarding technology we know some countries lacks in technology. ok now regarding Management , here i gave explanation in contax of business but i wanted to give examples regarding Eng.so i gave it. indeed it is not responsibility of management to do all this work but its duty is to guide ,control and manage means to combine all work and then giving desired output. (like in SDLC we go through various stages to achieve our desired result).In Layman language I gave above example.

Now second one.
    In management we can not use every time same solution but if situation is different then we have to change it.like Macdonald (if i am correct) they have change their out late here in KSA and they also changed their Menu over their in INDIA . so, with change in business environment management has to change.(if you still didn't understood then don't be panic it will be clear when i will post Business environment topic).
    Ya you asked by dynamic management what benefit we get is we get benefit of competency.If you would be working in good MNC then you'll be getting good technology then some small enterprise ,like videoconferencing and so on.

third question .
    No , by continues we don't mean dynamic, dynamic is changing,and continues is continue,By continue we mean simentounesly. Its like loop if we take in Programming language.look, continues is after finishing analyses of problem of IT firms client we goes to solution part. this both require some kind of management. look if you have manager he do direct and guide you continually rather then once in a year all this is related to management.:sshhh:
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    management is continues process
    Management is continues process . it start with planning and continue till controlling.this functions are continually performed by all managers . like SDLC software eng. perform this functions simentaneously.
    Here just to add a point !! Management in IT perspective is done by managers yes , but not only managers!!.

People if use the time effectively is also management. The processes called Planning , developing etc etc will be done by each individual with respective to his task.
    So one should have effective management skills to make things proper.

management is dynamic function
    Management is dynamic function it has to be change as per requirement. Like if we want to use database then we have to use latest database rather old one.It has to change as per pertaining situation.πŸ˜‰
    Now , The dynamic function is not only updating the latest technology to all the items, since we have Integration concepts in Software development we need to check the feasibility of the updated one with the existing code etc etc..

Very nice info safwan !!!

If you have time management notes please do share !!!
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ english_scared you are right.
    yes i agree Management is not only related with managers but also including those people who are working in a group or organization.
    All POSDC are done bye each individual at their respective level like a programer /engineers will manages his activitiesat of their level. top managers will have more to do like they have to think of whole organization.

Regarding dynamic as i also said before post it s like you have to change as per pertaining requirement its not like you have to stick on same rules or same technology and yess. english_scared good point :sshhh: we also have to check the feasibility.(actually this mixed arise as my notes are in con tax of business world and here i am posting with my own idea of IT .
    πŸ˜›
    no we dont have any time management notes in our study.πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks Safwan for the info.

Can you give descriptions of Managements other than IT , if you have any case study if you can share those experiences that would look great !!!
  • safwan
    safwan
    yes it will come next post including objectives of management
  • safwan
    safwan
    Objectives of management

till last post you read about definition and features now you will think what actually the objective of management.

Mainly their are three objectives of management.

Organisational objective

Management has to fulfill the organisational objective. by organisational objective we mean the management has to fulfill the objectives and achieve the goal of organisation.This is its main and basic or we can say primary objective of organisation.

Personal objective

Management also has to fulfill the objectives of the people working in an organisation.It also include providing fair wages , having ethical responsibility etc.towards the employees.

Social objective.

social objectives include satisfying social needs. Business has to satisfy the need of society it can be in many ways like employing backward people.(By back ward people i mean Schedule tribe or schedule cast) .

(This is in con tax of business.)πŸ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am a final year engineering student.My specification is Electronics and Telecommunication. I want some project ideas for final year. Can someone give me some ideas for the same....
Hello colleagues! this is one idea i been come up last days, i am an electronics engineer from mexico, and i become to the conclusion that there's nothing like a...
can anyone tell me what are thethings we need to know in computer before beginning an it engineeringπŸ˜•
Here I goes... This is an initiative taken by CNA (Crazy Nocturnal association) members - Just another group who is generally online at night too ..😁 and would love to...
CEans, The world's cheapest car is out. If any CEan has had a chance to drive it & test it πŸ˜‰ , please post your review in this thread. Looking...