Green Cement

Can someone share information about Green cement???
I'm just curios why it was called green cement??? Is the cement used color green???

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    its not that it is green in colour. it is made of environmental friendly materials. and is more healthy for the occupants. that the reason it is called green cement. (relate it with the "green" of green building.)
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    one more thing is it green concrete or green cement you are talking about?
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    CIVILPRINCESS
    one more thing is it green concrete or green cement you are talking about?
    I'm talking about green cement.
    What is green concrete then????I
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    green concrete is made using the green cement. it is eco friendly and saves the environment by using waste products generated by industries in various forms like rice husk ash ,micro silicaetc. it is used these days in the green buildings. Concrete is produced locally from abundant natural resources. it also has a lot of recycled materials in it. the presence of these recycled materials reduce the CO2 emission to a great extent. it also has a lighter colour and hence reflects the sunlight in the day hence reducing the heat island effect. but inspite of these the strength is not compromised.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is for the discussion of structural loads. I hope CEans would share some information regarding about LOADS.😀
Think Quarterly (Think Quarterly ) is Google's Online Magazine launched in the UK. The magazine aims to be the 'Breathing Space In The Busy World'. The magazine revolves around the...
Video about an integral feedback controller that regulates the average copy number of an assembly in a system of stochastically interacting robots. The mathematical model for these robots is a...
[video=youtube;qqun_fw0DnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qqun_fw0DnA[/video] Robotnaut 2 has been covered on VoiCE, Check here: NASA Robonaut 2 - Journey to the International Space Station - CrazyEngineers
Developed by CIA's Office of Research and Development in the 1970s, this micro Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) was the first flight of an insect-sized aerial vehicle (Insectothopter). It was an...