Free falling bodies

Try to solve this and show your solution.
1. A stone is dropped from a well and 5s later the sound of the splash is heard. If the velocity of sound is 1120ft per second, what is the depth of the well?
2. A stone is dropped from a captive balloon at an elevation of 1000ft. two seconds later another stone is projected upward from a ground with a velocity of 248 ft per second. if the g is 32ft/s, when, where will the stones be at the same level?
Neglect air resistance.

Replies

• PANKAJ ANDOLA
    PANKAJ ANDOLA
    hii
    1.for the first one
    the depth of the well will be 351.37 ft
    2.and for the second one
    the two stones will meet at a distance of 1000-676=324 ft from below
    telll me if im wrong
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    it's wrong....
  • PANKAJ ANDOLA
    PANKAJ ANDOLA
    then what's the correct one????
    it may be little bit around previous one.........
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    in one your answer is nearer to the exact answer...
  • PANKAJ ANDOLA
    PANKAJ ANDOLA
    wat r the answers plz tell.....
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    1. 353 ft
    2. 600ft. above the ground

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai friends i want to participate in workshops in my state, any one give my their list workshops in next month............
You are given two numbers A and B, You have to divide A by B without using division operator and modulus operator ? PS: Repeated Subtraction is not allowed.. I...

Md5

In cryptography, MD5 (Message-Digest algorithm 5) is a widely used cryptographic hash function with a 128-bit hash value. Specified in RFC 1321, MD5 has been employed in a wide variety...
This should be my first thread in this forum(CE).:smile: I'm trying to build a gsm activated car security. Will someone tell me where to tap the signal that will activate...
Note: The below points about QTP 11.0 is copied from a presentation I have prepared gathering data from various sources. New Features in QTP •[FONT="] [/FONT]XPath and CSS based object...