CrazyEngineers
  • I'm opening this thread inside General Help section because I need your feedback on one of the most important topic - File / Photo sharing through CE forums.

Let me make few things clear. We are not a 'Photo/File Sharing' website. But sometimes, we have no option but to put a photo in our post. Sometimes, we want to share a ppt, xls, doc or zip file with everyone. How do we do that?

I'm convinced that there is no point in providing an attachment upload facility on CE. Our aim is to gather the ideas in the form of posts (text). We might just show up photographs in our posts from dedicated photo sharing websites such as Flickr!

Now, the same applies to files in other formats. Why not simply put the files on file sharing servers and put a link to it in our posts?

I've identified two such websites. I'd like to have your feedback on them:-

1. Photo Sharing: Flickr.com
    2. File Sharing: xDrive.com

Let me know what you think & your ideas on above two websites. 😀

-The Big K-
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 18, 2007

No reply so far 😔

Common CEans! This is for us! 😲

-The Big K-
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Mahesh

MemberJan 18, 2007

Hi Biggie,

The idea is good and it makes us much closer.Those sites are good .I got another site for you for uploading.

mediafire.com

This is new and looks good.Do check out this as well and give us sites for easy uploading and downloading.
    Cancel
  • Neha

MemberJan 19, 2007

The_Big_K
    I'm opening this thread inside General Help section because I need your feedback on one of the most important topic - File / Photo sharing through CE forums.

Let me make few things clear. We are not a 'Photo/File Sharing' website. But sometimes, we have no option but to put a photo in our post. Sometimes, we want to share a ppt, xls, doc or zip file with everyone. How do we do that?

I'm convinced that there is no point in providing an attachment upload facility on CE. Our aim is to gather the ideas in the form of posts (text). We might just show up photographs in our posts from dedicated photo sharing websites such as Flickr!

Now, the same applies to files in other formats. Why not simply put the files on file sharing servers and put a link to it in our posts?

-The Big K-
    Thats a great idea Biggie!
    File Sharing can be of great help especially when we wanna show something that is difficult to be explained via text.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 19, 2007

Mahesh, can you please verify if the url <a href="https://www.mediafire.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">File sharing and storage made simple</a> is correct and points to the website which you talked about? When I access it, a blank page opens.

I guess we can finalize on flickr for photo sharing. I'll soon write an article on how to use flickr photos on CE.

Let's keep the file sharing option open. Anyone knows a better data hosting provider (free 😁 )?

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • SudhaKar Arjunan

MemberJan 22, 2007

The_Big_K
    Mahesh, can you please verify if the url <a href="https://www.mediafire.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">File sharing and storage made simple</a> is correct and points to the website which you talked about? When I access it, a blank page opens.

I guess we can finalize on flickr for photo sharing. I'll soon write an article on how to use flickr photos on CE.

Let's keep the file sharing option open. Anyone knows a better data hosting provider (free 😁 )?

-The Big K-
    Hi Admin,

I hope this is not a clear idea. Bcoz we should not interface or other resources in our site.
    Hope so we have our own resources in your home page.
    Try to Install those modules in your page itself, Its just an idea.

Thanks & Regards,
    - A.SudhaKar -
    <a href="https://www.itacumens.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">IT Acumens - A Web Designing Company</a>
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberJan 28, 2007

The_Big_K
    I'm opening this thread inside General Help section because I need your feedback on one of the most important topic - File / Photo sharing through CE forums.

-The Big K-
    Hey Biggi,
    CrazyBoy is back on CE.. in BTW idea looks crazy to me.. But still You cankick start the idea and see the response, If this will succeed that you can think of seeting a portal on out home page..

your comments are awaited..

--Crazy😁
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 3, 2007

The current idea is to host downloadables on a file sharing server. I think we are already into the final stage of decision.

I'll keep you all updated 😀

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberApr 5, 2008

Oh, this thread was like super hidden, lol. Whats the update on this, biggie? Last week I saw a vB/photobucket addon.. you might have come across it:

<a href="https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166286" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Integration with vBulletin - Photobucket Image Uploader - vBulletin.org Forum</a>
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorApr 5, 2008

ash
    Oh, this thread was like super hidden, lol. Whats the update on this, biggie? Last week I saw a vB/photobucket addon.. you might have come across it:

<a href="https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166286" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Integration with vBulletin - Photobucket Image Uploader - vBulletin.org Forum</a>
    Cool, I"ll look into it.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorJan 27, 2011

I am bumping this thread because lots of people want to know about uploading photos/videos/ppts on CE.

Read the details in this thread. 😀
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 27, 2011

Update: I'm evaluating cloud storage and CDN integration with CrazyEngineers. That way we'll be able to provide upload facility to everyone on CE. I'll follow up this thread with updates soon.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register